My Quest for a water cooler

Hello currently I am getting 3.9ghz turbo boost on my Ryzen 2700x, the max boost can reach as high as 4.35ghz turbo. So my idea is to get something much colder then single fan solution.

Any help would be grateful. I'm currently looking for something like this.

Corsair Hydro H60 Liquid CPU Cooler | Canada Computers & Electronics

TY in Advance. It has to be a single fan solution, sense my pc case is an old Antec 1200 model.

Your link doesn't take me to the cooler...... But, that said, I just installed one of these at work. It went into an older system, with an i5 4th gen processor. They are kinda known for running fairly warm...... Running Prime 95, putting all cores to 100%, temps stayed under 70* C.

My major problem with liquid cooling though, is the coolant seems to mysteriously disappear over time.... and cooler efficiency degrades accordingly. I've seen a couple of these just this week....... Replace the cooler, and all the problems go away. These guys were 4 to 5 years old though..... so, for the money, I suppose it's pretty much worth it. On my machine, I run one of these. Yes, it's huge. :) But, temps stay stable, regardless of what I am doing, and the fins have a large enough separation, that it doesn't clog up with dust easily. (which is an issue in my 100+ year old farm house.....)

Your link doesn't take me to the cooler...... But, that said, I just installed one of these at work. It went into an older system, with an i5 4th gen processor. They are kinda known for running fairly warm...... Running Prime 95, putting all cores to 100%, temps stayed under 70* C.

My major problem with liquid cooling though, is the coolant seems to mysteriously disappear over time.... and cooler efficiency degrades accordingly. I've seen a couple of these just this week....... Replace the cooler, and all the problems go away. These guys were 4 to 5 years old though..... so, for the money, I suppose it's pretty much worth it. On my machine, I run one of these. Yes, it's huge. :smile: But, temps stay stable, regardless of what I am doing, and the fins have a large enough separation, that it doesn't clog up with dust easily. (which is an issue in my 100+ year old farm house.....)

Something I use to minimize dust in the machine (virtually impossible to eliminate it) is those filter media you can buy for your forced air heating system vents. I cut them to fit into all of those spots that have no way of installing a proper fan filter.

For my CoolerMaster 690 that means the air coming into the bottom of the case (all other fans are either filtered or exhaust). The space between the case feet at the front and back are thinner so a single layer cut to fit between the feet is good ... the space between on the sides gets a piece wider than required folded in half lengthwise so it slides into place folded. You would be amazed at how much dust they collect between cleanings.

My major problem with liquid cooling though, is the coolant seems to mysteriously disappear over time.... and cooler efficiency degrades accordingly. I've seen a couple of these just this week....... Replace the cooler, and all the problems go away. These guys were 4 to 5 years old though..... so, for the money, I suppose it's pretty much worth it. On my machine, I run one of these. Yes, it's huge. :smile: But, temps stay stable, regardless of what I am doing, and the fins have a large enough separation, that it doesn't clog up with dust easily. (which is an issue in my 100+ year old farm house.....)

Something I use to minimize dust in the machine (virtually impossible to eliminate it) is those filter media you can buy for your forced air heating system vents. I cut them to fit into all of those spots that have no way of installing a proper fan filter.

For my CoolerMaster 690 that means the air coming into the bottom of the case (all other fans are either filtered or exhaust). The space between the case feet at the front and back are thinner so a single layer cut to fit between the feet is good ... the space between on the sides gets a piece wider than required folded in half lengthwise so it slides into place folded. You would be amazed at how much dust they collect between cleanings.

I have no clue how old my case is..... "ancient" comes to mind. I think it is on its third of fourth iteration of parts at this point. Problem is, my cpu cooler is huge, so, I can't even put the side cover on. :D I may score a better case at some point, but, this one still works for me, so, save the money. :D

I have no clue how old my case is..... "ancient" comes to mind. I think it is on its third of fourth iteration of parts at this point. Problem is, my cpu cooler is huge, so, I can't even put the side cover on. :D I may score a better case at some point, but, this one still works for me, so, save the money. :D

My Thermalright cooler has the same height problem, which is the main reason I have the Coolermaster 690. The top side panel fan is mounted and filtered outside the case instead of inside like the lower fan because I was about 10mm shy for clearance with it inside. Gives the case a bit of homegrown cobbled together vibe, but I'm the only one who knows (well except now).