Steam Service Providers, and some how needing to clarify the Nexus stance again

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24731409. #24731549 is also a reply to the same post.

Nightasy wrote:
MrJoseCuervo wrote: So you think you should be paid because you had to learn stuff? You find your hobby tedious? Perhaps you should find a new hobby.

A is your privelege. I respect it, even though I disagree. I wish you the best and look forward to your return.

Cheers, friend!

In response to post #24731409. #24731549, #24731554 are all replies on the same post.

Nightasy wrote:
MrJoseCuervo wrote: So you think you should be paid because you had to learn stuff? You find your hobby tedious? Perhaps you should find a new hobby.
digitaltrucker wrote: A is your privelege. I respect it, even though I disagree. I wish you the best and look forward to your return.

Cheers, friend!

Sad to see you go, but this was bound to happen. Modders are going to leave because of this and the amount of attention this has gotten will bring more modders in. This has been a clusterf*#@ at best and will leave this community shattered for along time coming.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

In response to post #24730444. #24730534, #24730614, #24731084, #24731159, #24731329 are all replies on the same post.

maybenexttime wrote:
phantompally76 wrote: They have a lot to answer for. Especially considering how smug and arrogant and condescending they were in responding to concerns about it.
maybenexttime wrote: Yep unfortunately, they were.
digitaltrucker wrote: Don't forget Midas Magic!

It will be a long time before things settle down again, and it never will really be the same :(
guiaugu132 wrote: And Skyforge Shields/Weapons
digitaltrucker wrote: I'm going to be a bigger man than to hold a grudge, but *snicker*

The only modder I found disappointing was the creator of Midas Magic, who invented the free mod with in game ads ! And the few guys who proposed cheat items for pay.

The community has been divided, it won't heal it wounds with resentment. Modders at the SkyUI team surely deserve more donations than what they got for all they did, they don't deserve that amount of hatred because of what they could have done.

In response to post #24730434. #24730814 is also a reply to the same post.

phantompally76 wrote:
x9fallen wrote: Any lawyer worth a damn would run the hell away from the mess that would've been involved. The nature of the community to use community assets and require other mods makes the whole thing a mess.

If Valve/Bethesda are smart, they'll hop on board the donation train and take a small percentage as a "processing" fee.

That said, there are scummy lawyers who could make this a long drawn out war. But, they've tipped their hand now. I genuinely believe that Bethesda and Valve got into this mess without doing the proper research and they had a very, very poor understanding of the Skyrim modding scene.

I don't think valve will be back with this, but this may have given an idea to other publishers who wouldn't even have considered the option otherwise... expect origin to have an update to allow them to do this type of paid mods, complete with DRM

In response to post #24731409. #24731549, #24731554, #24731689 are all replies on the same post.

Nightasy wrote:
digitaltrucker wrote: A is your privelege. I respect it, even though I disagree. I wish you the best and look forward to your return.

Cheers, friend!

falcor23 wrote: Sad to see you go, but this was bound to happen. Modders are going to leave because of this and the amount of attention this has gotten will bring more modders in. This has been a clusterf*#@ at best and will leave this community shattered for along time coming.

I think one of the major issues surrounding all this was the way it was implemented. How about a mature thought out inquiry and discussion between developers, modders, contributors and users/testers would have possibly avoided this whole sham.

It is because of how this was done that my respect for Beth and Valve has been damaged and it is only with time and future experiences that this may improve.

Let us not forget that Nexus supports all games now. There will always be new developers.

In response to post #24731409. #24731549, #24731554, #24731689, #24732049 are all replies on the same post.

Nightasy wrote:

Cheers, friend!

falcor23 wrote: Sad to see you go, but this was bound to happen. Modders are going to leave because of this and the amount of attention this has gotten will bring more modders in. This has been a clusterf*#@ at best and will leave this community shattered for along time coming.

sunshinenbrick wrote: I think one of the major issues surrounding all this was the way it was implemented. How about a mature thought out inquiry and discussion between developers, modders, contributors and users/testers would have possibly avoided this whole sham.

It is because of how this was done that my respect for Beth and Valve has been damaged and it is only with time and future experiences that this may improve.

Let us not forget that Nexus supports all games now. There will always be new developers.

I think the titles "Give me Money for No Reason" and "Pay me for doing nothing" were aimed at Valve and Bethesda, not at modders in general.

But yes, you have people who don't understand at all what modding is about, who just behave like consumers in the worst way. They were very loud during the shitstorm. They are the same people who complain a lot on the comment section.

I do believe this paying mod thing was a very bad idea, but I do show respect to all the time modders spent working to improve the game.

No modder owes us anything , no apology , no nothing and I'm one who thought this was a bad idea but not for a reason of the modders being paid per se , but what it was that was actually happening and what it would mean for gaming and modding itself . So stop this modders owe us crap .

Now those Steamheads over at Steam thats a different matter . Apparently we are the PC Master Race that abuses the console plebs by being the first to have access to so many mods that rightfully belongs to the console market as they are the bigger market share and especially us Nexus Elitists who parade the fact that so many of those mods are nurtured here. Imagine having made no contribution whatsoever as a community to a mods development and because consoles are a bigger market it makes them entitled to a mods first appearance . Now thats taking modders for granted.

To mod authors.

I have never laid any blame at your feet.

However for those who jumped on this in the beginning, let this be a lesson.

Learn from it.

If Bethesda and Valve try this again... Like with FO4 or ES VI DON'T support it.

Remember the damage that's been done in the last couple of days.