⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Design Update - Our New Navigation is here

BigBizkit

MORE WORK IS NEEDED

Just off the top of my head:

I reiterate the earlier poster's comment about not using my full screen width. Over half my screen is just the background picture.

Download history should at least list the game it was for with all the other information.

Search by category shouldn't be a refinement of a completed search, it should be a main type.

On individual mod screens, the user last downloaded date info should be right next to the last uploaded info.

I mention all this here because I'm not sure where would be more appropriate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I find frustrating with the new site update is that now, every time I click Manual Download on a mod, it doesn't automatically download. Instead prompts me to choose between "Slow Download" (free) or "Fast Download" (premium). If there could be a way to select "Slow Download" as the default in the Preferences, that would be great. I understand this is probably to encourage/advertise the Premium membership, but I know I won't switch to Premium. I'd like to have the option of defaulting to the "Slow Download" like it did before, instead of having to click twice to "Slow Download." Edited by LenneDalben

New UI looks great, but what I can't stand is the fact that mods no longer automatically download. I get you guys are trying to promote your premium stuff but my internet is so bad that even if I paid for it, it would not change how quickly stuff downloads. In fact, having to reload the page twice just to select 'slow download' just adds an extra stage that was otherwise not required. In fact, the sudden forced countdown before the download even begins is about as subtle as getting spat in the face. We're aware that we're not getting the 'premium' download but now you're making using the free model downright unpleasant.

Please revert the changes to the download system. We're aware what we are and are not paying for, but we shouldn't be punished for it. Especially since people, like myself, can't even take advantage of this premium offer.

Edited by wolfsbaneavis

Well, all I can say is that I am extremely disappointed in the way this site has gone. I can't even download mods anymore because if you click on the "slow download" button, it does absolutely nothing. But, boy, you click on the "fast download" button, and it comes up quick with "GIVE ME YOUR MONEY"! I have been using this site for almost 11 years now, and always thought it was the best one for mods. I am now starting to rethink that. I don't mind the choice of speeds for downloads, but at least make the slower one WORK! I feel like I'm being forced to have to pay to download mods here, and if that's the case, I will use other sites instead.

The site keeps getting worse. The Nav bar (which can be blocked but then you lose some of the functionality) , not being able to delete a notification from the notification drop down from that bar (you can only mark it as read, you can delete it from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/notifications/ but it would be better to be able to mark as read or delete from the drop down as well), and now the worst new "feature" the extra clicking to download any mod with the choice of slow speed or fast speed every time. It would be nice if at least people who have made a one time payment to block ads could avoid that extra clicking. Ideally no one should have to bother with it, or there should be an option to set one or the other as your download choice, for those who want to avoid it.

I'm guess that by "automatic downloads" they mean not being pushed to buy a premium membership and not having to click three extra buttons just to download. Oh joy bunnies. Just love it when a company takes something that everyone got and sticks it behind their paywall. Guess this is the kind of thing that happens when you're the biggest kid in the school yard, you get to frick over the users that aren't paying for the service and then lord it over them because you provide something to them "out of the goodness of your heart." Happy Fricking Christmas.

Edit: I'm going to throw these last three things out there as well.

1. I can live with a 5-10 second delay on the download. Won't like it, but I can live with it provided there is a visible timer counting down.

2. The new "Push for Premium!" that is going on with the downloads is LESS likely to get me to go premium and more likely to make me think twice about downloading, voting or endorsing mods. I realize that is actually good for Nexus as it reduces their load, but it also reduces traffic and income when that is hundreds or thousands of people who are no longer seeing the ads they post on every page.

3. And I'll step up and admit that maybe I'm wrong about the hows and whys; but whether I am or not it sure as heck looks like the admin (site admin, not the moderators) lording the premium memberships and pushing them hard on the regular user base. And anyone in politics, business or marketing will tell you that it's all about perception.

Edited by Smith099

I'm fine with knowing my downloads will be slower without paying some sort of subscription, I've paid to support this site in the past when I could. But to be honest. There are a billion and one subscription services out there now and if you let it happen you'll be poor before you know it because of that.

So I just can't afford this premium service. So I go here with the side bars and the top bar reminding me that my downloads will be slow. Sure I get that. I expected that. But then having the ANNOY TO PAY "features" on the site doesn't exactly encourage me to want to pay. In fact it just pisses me off.

Thought I would throw my two cents in on that issue.

Please note that this news post from 24th September is not in any way related to the banners informing you of our download speed caps that have been in place since 2007, nor related to the new downloads page.

Please keep your comments relevant to the new navigation in the header. Thank you.

why do we have these obnoxious download "slow" and "premium" buttons? i swear this site looks like one of those scammy fileshares that beg for money at every step, we all know already about the premium features stop shoving it into our faces, it takes too much time to navigate now.