Important Security Notice

BigBizkit

In response to post #76151108.

DaisukeNiwaKun wrote: Geeez people you are arguing about usernames, 12 letter passwords and god knows whatever else. I was mad too about my username but it's only a username it took me 5 min to understand this change. But one thing is really silly!

Well the site knows exactly with user is premium and who isn't. So why when clicking download it takes me to a sub site to choose slow download or fast download. I think people here made a bad decisions and users will gonna quit not only because of their usernames and passwords but also because of the psychological forcing to buy a premium subscription. Staff add only a button, but what the future will brings? 30 seconds timeout with ads for free users next?

Dear Nexus please stop where you are now because you choose the wrong side. The year 2020 should be better not worse! Do not let this happen.
P.s. The subscription lifetime plan is little to expensive, make a promo.

amen!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx for having my six on this NEXUS! You guys and gals make online gaming simple and so much better. Good example...Imagine having nothing but Steam for support and "usable" mods....(bloody nitemare)..heehee. :) Still, it ain't a perfect world but even if it was somebody would always find something else to b&@*$ about. WE're where we are now. Safe ... thanks to all of you. Kudos!!! :)

In response to post #76245468. #76308313, #76377783 are all replies on the same post.

phuhque wrote: Everyone might want to take a stroll over to haveibeenpwned.com and toss in an email address or two. Compromised accounts have been going on for years. Many companies aren't even willing to fess up to the breach. I congratulate NexusMods and their staff for being prompt with their forthcoming of this information.

What everyone needs to remember. Make sure every password is unique to the a visited site. Always have AntiVirus, AntiMalware, and firewalls running.. It cannot be called paranoia, because they are out to get you.
Stipezzimmerda wrote: You're pathetic lol.
viperprime wrote: Uhuh... So they can "add you to the list." not.

Doesn't work like that. It searches the list that's already been leaked for your email address, that's it.

In response to post #76171858. #76220643, #76222878, #76223958, #76228598, #76228903 are all replies on the same post.

Oniichan001 wrote: you werent the only place to be compromised i had 47 passwords i had to change because of a third party exploit
austinichols wrote: what may I ask did you use to know that your passwords were breached?
DaisukeNiwaKun wrote: Well it's obvious that you need to change password if there is a chance that someone could decode the hashes.
Better to cold blow than woke up with a hand in the potty. If you know what I mean.

It also means that this guy is ekhem... not smart enough. (No offense Oniichan001, but it means you have 47 accounts with the same password or you had a txt file with all your passwords which is stupid)

I don't want to be rude, but your post could also leads the hacker to compromise you in the first place. You actually admit that you have 47 accounts with the same password which could make it easy to hack other your accounts.
ds120196 wrote: I'm gonna have to agree with DaisukeNiwaKun on this one. Never admit something like that
Dhristo1 wrote: No, Oniichan meant there are 47 other places which he knows of that got hit because of this exploit.
Ethreon wrote: No, he literally posted that he had 47 of his other passwords compromised.

At least Oniichan001 said they changed the 47 passwords already - I hope not all to the same one again!

In response to post #76171858. #76220643, #76222878, #76223958, #76228598, #76228903, #76427073 are all replies on the same post.

Oniichan001 wrote: you werent the only place to be compromised i had 47 passwords i had to change because of a third party exploit
austinichols wrote: what may I ask did you use to know that your passwords were breached?
DaisukeNiwaKun wrote: Well it's obvious that you need to change password if there is a chance that someone could decode the hashes.
Better to cold blow than woke up with a hand in the potty. If you know what I mean.

It also means that this guy is ekhem... not smart enough. (No offense Oniichan001, but it means you have 47 accounts with the same password or you had a txt file with all your passwords which is stupid)

I don't want to be rude, but your post could also leads the hacker to compromise you in the first place. You actually admit that you have 47 accounts with the same password which could make it easy to hack other your accounts.
ds120196 wrote: I'm gonna have to agree with DaisukeNiwaKun on this one. Never admit something like that
Dhristo1 wrote: No, Oniichan meant there are 47 other places which he knows of that got hit because of this exploit.
Ethreon wrote: No, he literally posted that he had 47 of his other passwords compromised.
DarkstarAlpha wrote: At least Oniichan001 said they changed the 47 passwords already - I hope not all to the same one again!

Sorry for the lateness to this reply, but I totally agree with you. I have over 600 accounts that I own, each one used to have the same password. I was stupid and it took me about a month to change every single one of them to a unique, randomly generated password.

I was smart enough not to use “Password” and “1234” as any of my passwords, except for the sites in which I could care less to get hacked which honestly to show how much I don’t care I would tell everyone which sites those were, but unfortunately I don’t remember either, lol.

But in all seriousness, everyone should get in the habit of not only using a random password generator (which can be found in many apps like 1Password, Last Pass and evening Apple’s iCloud Keychain) but also setting up 2 factor authentication.

As someone who is studying cyber security right now in college, I highly recommend doing the above. It’s better late then never, but in the world of cyber security you ALWAYS have to try to stay 2 or more steps ahead of the attacker, no matter the cost. So for now on, if you create a new account anywhere, try to make it unique with numbers, letters with lowercase and uppercase & symbols.

Also, @austinichols: Many business who specialize in cyber security have this including Avast (Not sure about anyone else). You can also go to: https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to see if a email address of yours has been comprised, which site it was and when it was.

Edit: I was replying to a reply within this thread and apparently it didn’t put this reply in the right one.

Edited by CoderHunter

In response to post #76245468. #76308313, #76377783, #76389503 are all replies on the same post.

phuhque wrote: Everyone might want to take a stroll over to haveibeenpwned.com and toss in an email address or two. Compromised accounts have been going on for years. Many companies aren't even willing to fess up to the breach. I congratulate NexusMods and their staff for being prompt with their forthcoming of this information.

What everyone needs to remember. Make sure every password is unique to the a visited site. Always have AntiVirus, AntiMalware, and firewalls running.. It cannot be called paranoia, because they are out to get you.
Stipezzimmerda wrote: You're pathetic lol.
viperprime wrote: Uhuh... So they can "add you to the list." not.
jimjim37 wrote: Doesn't work like that. It searches the list that's already been leaked for your email address, that's it.

Never use a cloud; how is it formed? what happens to it at saturation point?

In response to post #76636383.

tirtan1 wrote: As a prem life time member already Please explain why you are asking me to pay again

I am confused by your comment. Where in this news post do you see anything about paying again?

As we're talking security here I figured I'd ask... Am I supposed to get...

HTML:Scrips-inf [susp] when I visit Skyrim pages?

Avast stopped it so I took a screenshot and checked it out, didn't sound too good.

or is it something my end?

Edited by Saggaris