Small permanent skill bonus when making a skill legendary.

Davidegzz

Either way I think making new abilities just for legendary resets is a waste of ideas for new abilities.

I'd rather just make an overhaul and just ignore legendary resets at that point.

Yeah tbh, any standalone mod that alters legendary resets, despite getting fairly good reception, would not have a big following or endorsement count, because its one of those mods that you download, install, and forget about. Usually only mods with instant gratification receive general praise and endorsements. Contrary to a mod like this where you install it, and think about it every once in a while when you actually do achieve legendary on your skills (even then, its still extremely subtle because its a mod that works completely in the background, not including MCM slider). Thats why I felt it was a smart move on your part to include this feature as part of your Skytweaks mod, instead of making it try to hold its own as a standalone mod.

Edited by Tehandyman

Either way I think making new abilities just for legendary resets is a waste of ideas for new abilities.

I'd rather just make an overhaul and just ignore legendary resets at that point.

Yeah tbh, any standalone mod that alters legendary resets, despite getting fairly good reception, would not have a big following or endorsement count, because its one of those mods that you download, install, and forget about. Usually only mods with instant gratification receive general praise and endorsements. Thats why I felt it was a smart move on your part to include this feature as part of your Skytweaks mod, instead of making it try to hold its own as a standalone mod.

aw, flatterer <3

anyways

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33395/?

I made a quick update since I confirmed that heavyarmor and lightarmor power mods are in fact broken in Skyrim and do nothing.

Which is totally fine since nothing in vanilla skyrim uses either of those two things.

I've made an update so that the legendary bonus script also implements a fix for heavyarmorpowermod and lightarmorpowermod, so they actually affect the armor rating of heavy and light armor.

And deactivating the bonus script deactivates the fix.

let me know if you find anything else that isn't working.

Edited by GrimyBunyip

Thanks again for your time and work! : )

Btw my one handed dmg probably didn't grow much because i have +100% from perks and another +160% one handed dmg from 4 pieces of equipment

I agree with the fact that sadly the mod won't probably have much followers... : \
It would probably be more appealing if you could actually check and see your bonuses anytime from the passive effects. Personally i have a fetish for passive effects of any kind,
But people usually want to see everything in the stats,
We know that with this mod the skills will become slightly more powerful, but being able to see and check it, is a completely different feeling, as doing some sort of achievement.

A skill overhaul is something that could be better in terms of balancing and gameplay, but it will definitively change the game experience so that you'll end up playing something which isn't actually Skyrim anymore,
That's why i was searching for something that could alter the game mechanics a bit giving more sense to "making them legendary" without turning it in something completely different.

Edited by Davidegzz

• 2 months later...

You could reward the player with something more concrete, like armor and bonus items, which would bring you more endorsement.

For instance:

Lockpicking - 1 legendary recieves 1 lockpick that unlock any master level door instantly which can be used up to 5 times

Enchanting - 1 legendary recieves 1 potion that increase the strength of your next enchanted item by 100%

Smithing - 1 legendary recieves 1 potion that increase the strength of your next crafted item by 100%

Heavy armor - recieve 1 piece of heavy armor from a unique set of armor that has visual effect

Light Armor - recieve 1 piece of light armor from a unique set of armor that has visual effect

One hand weapon, two hand weapon, marksman - recieve 1 random part of a legendary weapon that can be crafted when all the parts are gathered

Sneak - recieves a potion that allows you to become undetectable for 1 hour

etc...etc

Might take a lot of effort to make but it'll get you more endorsement if you're willing to spend the time

Edited by Showatt

i've used the legendary button once, in smithing; then skilled it to 100 again in like 3 minutes, at that point i realized that doing so was just like a cheat button to gain levels paying gold, and remembered that i'm useing the skyrim community uncapper and that to play skyrim for me wasn't clicking smithing buttons but exploring dungeons so i've turned off my pc and went out looking for quests.

Thanks again for your time and work! : )

Btw my one handed dmg probably didn't grow much because i have +100% from perks and another +160% one handed dmg from 4 pieces of equipment

I agree with the fact that sadly the mod won't probably have much followers... : \

It would probably be more appealing if you could actually check and see your bonuses anytime from the passive effects. Personally i have a fetish for passive effects of any kind,

But people usually want to see everything in the stats,

We know that with this mod the skills will become slightly more powerful, but being able to see and check it, is a completely different feeling, as doing some sort of achievement.

A skill overhaul is something that could be better in terms of balancing and gameplay, but it will definitively change the game experience so that you'll end up playing something which isn't actually Skyrim anymore,

That's why i was searching for something that could alter the game mechanics a bit giving more sense to "making them legendary" without turning it in something completely different.

i like this btw

• 5 months later...