Real question...No joke...

suzperrella

This is a real question...Why do most guys (at least here) play as female instead of a male?

This is no-way a joke. Im just asking because I see way more mods for the females in the game and when I

check out the pics they are mostly of females.

Have 84 pages of comments from the last time this question came up. =) If I can remember it correctly, it can pretty much be summarised as "I don't want to stare at a guy's butt when I play/women are hot!" or "I play both male and female characters."

There are also women who play as male characters for pretty much the same reasons.

I usually play females in MMO`s because I prefer to dress up women instead of guys. Especially because of the 3rd person view. In Skyrim I`m undecided as this game contains some RP elements specific to gender and it`s primarly in 1st person view. In Mass Effect games I always play male because there you can really identify with Shepard. But in Skyrim and MMOs with mute characters, it doesn`t really matter that much. It`s way more interesting to dress up a woman than a guy.

This is pretty much true - "I don't want to stare at a guy's butt when I play".

Edited by aciits

ive asked many people this. i NEVER play as a woman if i can help it. call me chauvinistic but i think females are meant to be more feminine. i have no idea what i would do if i was a girl in these games, and dont really want to imagine that either... guys who play as girls are just not immersion gamers i think

Well the reason for the overabundance of mods oriented towards female characters is because there's a large and rather dedicated part of the modding player base that use Skyrim pretty much as a dress up game. It goes deeper than that (for them) but really thats all there is to it. A lot of these particular modders have been at it for a long time, some reaching as far back as Morrowind.

But anyway, the reasons I play female characters from time to time is if that happens to be the character I want to (role)play out. For instance one of my main characters (I have about 30 or so distinct characters) has a mother who I play through on occasion.

Okay, I'll bite.

Why the hell do people ALWAYS stupidly play as themselves? Why? Is it a mental disease or just plain ignorance?

Yes, because playing as yourself (someone you can easily identify with.. obviously) in a videogame is really just stupid and something only an uneducated fool would do, right?

Guest deleted4349949

ive asked many people this. i NEVER play as a woman if i can help it. call me chauvinistic but i think females are meant to be more feminine. i have no idea what i would do if i was a girl in these games, and dont really want to imagine that either... guys who play as girls are just not immersion gamers i think

Not necessarily true! Nirn's history is very different from Earth's, and the females of the Elder Scrolls universe aren't subject to the same discrimination that women are irl. I mean, just look at their gods, the Aedra and Daedra! Half of them are women! Perhaps if the games were set in a universe more similar to our own, playing as women would be considered immersion breaking, but not in the Elder Scrolls. There are even many examples of women within the game's lore who have accomplished incredibly heroic feats and achieved insane amounts of power... just look at the Wolf Queen, Potema! Even everybody's local favorite, Ragnar the Red, celebrates the tale of a local heroine besting the hero from a nearby town.

I play as both men and women... it's nice when you have a chance to *not* play as a guy, which is only recently becoming more popular. Plus, it allows you to approach the game with a new attitude if you're internally RP'ing.

This is a real question...Why do most guys (at least here) play as female instead of a male?

This is no-way a joke. Im just asking because I see way more mods for the females in the game and when I

check out the pics they are mostly of females.

same question same answer

Most of us are male and most of us prefer watching/ playing with something that looks good and pretty instead of some ugly bearded dude for a few hours a day even if they are only pixels

sorta nomal i think for men , i