Forums back up

Dark0ne

In response to post #8166047. #8166281, #8166722, #8168563 are all replies on the same post.

Problem with Kickstarter is providing people with something tangible for their investment. Aside from Premium Membership we don't have much to give out, and of the other Kickstarters I see out there, the things handed out are normally merchandise like shirts, keyrings and so on and so forth. Not only do I not have these resources but I also don't have the time to handle the shipping for such merchandise!

Have been member of similar forums in the past, all donation type funding ended in a similar "premium" type membership as the only real viable reward.

Dont want to offend or start an eletist war but of 5,500,000 members how many are donating members ?

Hosting and maintaining a website to showcase, promote and provide an environment to download mods to add to gaming enjoyment, costs money.

Simple fact.

If you value something and use it regularly, as i do the nexus sites, you should have no issue in helping to pay for it.

Just my personal opinion and in no way a reflection on casual users or those who do not have the means.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #8166047. #8166281, #8166722, #8168563, #8168577 are all replies on the same post.

What about a bond, or a stock? (I know nothing about how these work) Members buy into the program through an investment or something(?) They put there money where their interest are.(?) I have no idea what I am talking about, just thinking out loud. Edited by oldtrk

Am I the only one getting a lot of random 502's since this?

The site is also being very slow for me.

:facepalm:

I suggest you read the very first post from Dark0ne again.

Hello there

Sorry if this is just me being a bit thick, but the Neverwinter Nexus doesn't seem to be working properly this morning. The page loads ok, but shows as having 0 files no matter which category I navigate to. It seemed to be ok last night before I went to bed (serves me right for not downloading then!). If I try the direct link from the NWN2 forum to the file I want to download (in this case the Icewind Dale mod), I get the message that the file has not been published by the authors yet. Again, apologies if it's just my browser being a nuisance or something. I do appreciate the hard work that goes into maintaining this site :smile:

Webmaster,

Please. do me a favor. Get some sleep, then rethink this.

Things are not as bad as they seem, and I have full confidence in your abilities to REASSESS THE SITUATION and FIND A POSITIVE SOLUTION. Do not yield to the pressures to just throw money at it and be done, I have lurked on the nexus for many many years, and your story of hardship, success, hardship, and more success has led and guided me on my own path. Your independence is what has motivated me to become an independent webmaster myself. Though I am not nearly as successful, I have learned one thing. When operating on little sleep and little hope, your judgment clouds and bad decisions are all but made. Please, have a sleep, have a beer, smoke a toke, and really remember, what your goals are and how you will achieve them. Your entire community has faith in you. :)

- Art