Endorsements and actual monetary gains

Gottfridsson

Regardl

Tha

Because it was a major mod project and donations do happen. I was also searching for a job at the time and was lead to believe there would be pay at some point. Because the person responding to the post indicated that hey your looking for work here's a job. I also didn't expect a 75$ an hour pay I expected a cut of donations and endorsements and went in assuming I would get some monetary kickback.

Also, you are condescending and hostile to someone effectively saying they were duped and had their time wasted. What bothered me was the lengthy process only to be told there was no finical return.

And as for some mod authors DO get donations and Patreon on major projects at the time any money would have helped.

Either way bud your attitude is gross. In particular "that's on you" no it's not on me it was on the people trying to get work for free and indicating that during a time that I needed to concentrate on getting work, then saying here's a job when none existed. Then making me go through a lengthy application and interview period. They indicated that doing hundreds of hours of work for them for free is a privilege. That's on them. Not on me.

Here's a job.. indicates payment.

Regardless your attitude is condescending and distasteful. No it's not on me. I was being courteous sharing a story with the community. You are defending the bad behavior of bad actors in that community.

If you were under the impression it was a paying job, maybe you should have asked that FIRST then. I don't know of ANYONE that collects wages from working on any particular project. Maybe some of the larger projects, (such as the one mentioned below) have some sort of 'profit sharing' agreement, but, this is a HOBBY site. If you are expecting compensation for your time/effort, that should be one of the FIRST topics covered.

I have had many 'jobs', that I did not get paid for. Of course, I didn't expect to get paid for them either. It was still a 'job'.

Modders don't/can't get paid for their projects either.

Skyrim Together team was at one point making $35k per month via Patreon, IIRC.

Yeah, and there was another guy working on a 'mod pack' that was getting nearly 10K per month. Still and all, I am flat out stunned that Beth never made a move against them, they were, after all, in DIRECT violation of the EULA, and various other agreements. Apparently, beth simply stopped caring about such things.

Try and sell a mod though, and I bet the lawyers fall like rain in a hurricane.

that does not excuse your behavior bud. And just because outliers of people getting "jobs for free" exist does not mean you get to be rude or should treat me like crap.

In addition to that the post I'm referring too and application was not here on this site. In my post I specifically stated I need employment and money. The person replying indicated employment.

That further does not excuse their behavior of expecting hundreds of hours of work for free.

We're not talking about using finished assets as hobbyist and moving them around in the creation kit. We're talking about brand new assets that I would have to create from scratch in zbrush and blender and then export to several other programs, uv maps texturing etc.

I never got to the point of being able to ASK about profit sharing, and had assumed based on the lengthy application which was more lengthy then some interviews, and they asked for a portfolio and resume, and indicated that employment was available in the original posting in reply. It was upsetting when a lot of my time was wasted.

The fact that you are so hostile to others being upset their time was wasted and effectively tricked is why you are being rude. It's not your job to tell others how they should react, you are not the Internet's ombudsman. You don't get to dictate to others how they should feel, if it's there fault or others. You get to nod and say I disagree or not and move on preferably without being rude.

Other humans exist, try being respectful and civil.

I am not intentionally being rude, hostile, or any other negative emotion you care to assign to me, I am simply pointing out that expecting to get paid for a 'job' from a hobby site, is just a bit unrealistic.

Much as I would LOVE to be able to make money from my gaming hobby, I am well aware that it is highly unlikely to happen.

Regardless of your statement, you are being rude. And it's not being assigned to you bud your behavior was off putting and rude. Self reflect. And lastly considering you missed it a few times. It was not posted here on this site. It was not a hobby site. I was replied to by a person who read my post looking for employment in a 3D modelling community on discord.

Despite all of that you are not taking responsibility for your rude and condescending behavior. The posting I made that was replied to indicating employment. Was not on a hobby site, and not on nexus mods. So sorry to say you're premise is incorrect.

So it would seem.

My apologies.

My choice to donate to a modder like the SS2 team is in recognition of the amount of labor and tools the all Volunteer team is putting in to make the product I purchased years ago enjoyable many years after the original creators stopped supporting it. On the same note, It should be understood that the stuff you are working on is in fact not your own intellectual property but rather a modification of it and are not entitled to its gains.

My choice to donate to a modder like the SS2 team is in recognition of the amount of labor and tools the all Volunteer team is putting in to make the product I purchased years ago enjoyable many years after the original creators stopped supporting it. On the same note, It should be understood that the stuff you are working on is in fact not your own intellectual property but rather a modification of it and are not entitled to its gains.

Depends on which game you are working on. Beth flatly states in their EULA that mod authors own their work, of course, they also strictly forbid monetizing it in any way. :D (I.E. you can't require a 'donation' or 'payment' in order to download the mod.)

• 1 month later...

Depends on which game you are working on. Beth flatly states in their EULA that mod authors own their work, of course, they also strictly forbid monetizing it in any way. :D (I.E. you can't require a 'donation' or 'payment' in order to download the mod.)

This is fair especially given the quantity of glitches BethSoft negligently leaves in its games.

This is fair especially given the quantity of glitches BethSoft negligently leaves in its games.

They aren't bugs, they are FEATURES. Get it right. :D