Mods don't always load

hucker75

Some mods, most noticeably nuclear winter, hotkey manager, and holotime, sometimes don't bother loading when I start the game. Sometimes they eventually load, sometimes I get fed up waiting and restart the game and they load immediately. Could this be a product of having a slow GPU? Sometimes it seems it's because I'm in a busy area with lots to calculate, but sometimes I can be in the middle of nowhere. I have a fast CPU (Ryzen 9 3900XT), but a slow GPU (Radeon R9 280X).

How many mods are you running?

That shouldn't be a problem....

Not familiar with the mods you are running though....

I was expecting "That's way too many!"

Not sure what you mean by the last sentence. Can you see what I've downloaded? Or were you asking for a list?

You mentioned several in your first post. :D Of those, I think I use hotkey manager, but, I don't have any issues with it. "It Just Works."...... :D

I've found the problem worsens as I install more mods (particularly processing intensive ones). I also get lower fps and more crashes. I guess I'm just overloading the GPU. I'll save up....

Hello. i think some esl mods make this problem, maybe they are at the start of the load order and we can't send them at the bottom of the list. Maybe. i don't know. if you have a esp mod and you can't use it at the game, send it at the bottom of the load order - i have sometimes this problem with some settlement mods. That's all. Thanks.

Hello. i think some esl mods make this problem, maybe they are at the start of the load order and we can't send them at the bottom of the list. Maybe. i don't know. if you have a esp mod and you can't use it at the game, send it at the bottom of the load order - i have sometimes this problem with some settlement mods. That's all. Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by "bottom of load order" - do you mean the last or first one loaded?

I don't do load orders anyway, I just use nexus mod manager. I assume the last one I installed is loaded last in the load order. When one breaks, I uninstall and reinstall, which presumably puts it last in the load order.

You might need to straighten your load order, some mods need to be loaded last. I have nuclear winter, masks of the commonwealth they halt a little but load right in, once I am done with pop up screens. I have an alternate start mod.