Help, I'm trying to make an existing mod work.

Hello, I'm new at this, I actualy never went any further than installing mods using the mods manager out there so right now I'm just trying to get out of the comfy spot and do something different, atm I'm just trying to understand how to use the Construction set, i haven't gotten my hands on NifSkope yet. I don't know where else to ask for help so I'm here. I have read the wiki guides and other stuffs I had found online in other sites and I'm still unable to succeed.

The thing is that I want to add an existing mod from a site like the awesomeigloo, those that say "add it to the game yourself" but after following the step by step guides I only get an invisible armor.

I'm totaly clueless about what to do aside of what the guide has written. So here I am only asking if someone can point me in the right direction, I don't ask anyone to do it for me, just would like to have a more complete info of how to add an existing mod to the game.

The mods from the awesomeigloo site don't have .esp files, there's only meshes and texture folders.

Any info you can share is highly apreciated, thank you very much in advance.

https://awesomeigloo.jimdofree.com/oblivion-armory/

The game do read the BSA packages first and ignores any changes you try to make, so if it finds the mesh or texture in the BSA, that's the one that gets loaded. There is 3 ways to get around this validations and the one that worked best for me is SkyBSA

Hmm. Now I get it. It is a resource. :D Well I keep the stuff at row 1 that I first wrote anyway...

Could you take a screenshot of the object(s) from CS and link here and also the pathes to the meshes?

Edited by Pellape

Hi, thanks both of you so much for replying. Pellape, I'll search for that thing immediately. This is the path to the mesh "Oblivion\Data\Meshes\maht\North Witch\NWitch.nif

link to CS object(s): https://prnt.sc/15syg9t

Oblivionaddicted, no, but anything that anyone can share here is welcome, I think i wont bother you asking you for a tutorial when I could go do some research, so I'm only asking a litle info on how to fix the problem since what i had found in other sites didn't work :smile: but if anything in the link below is the tutorial I used.

http://kirinsoblivion.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-to-add-armor-or-clothing-into-your.html

Edited by zjaer

NifSkope is an invaluable resource for what you are wanting to do as it will tell you where the mesh is expecting to find it's textures (invisible could be just a missing or wrongly placed normal map). All you do is open the NIF in NifSkope and then open the different branches of the NIF in the left hand panel and when you find the branch that has the little flower icon. Open it and take note of the path and file used for that part. You must have the texture files in exactly the path the NIF is designed to use.

They do look nice really. But when texture is missing, does that make the armor invisible? I am so used to that they get purple but maybe not armor? I do have that issue with one NPC and also had it in Morrowind with an Orc in Suran, using Better Bodies armor and clothing exchanger.

Its cool you did solve it as the path and CS screenshots looked okay, nothing wrong there for sure.

They do look nice really. But when texture is missing, does that make the armor invisible? I am so used to that they get purple but maybe not armor? I do have that issue with one NPC and also had it in Morrowind with an Orc in Suran, using Better Bodies armor and clothing exchanger.

Its cool you did solve it as the path and CS screenshots looked okay, nothing wrong there for sure.

In some rare, exotic cases it actually does. It's unknown when or why exactly, but sometimes the "missing normal map" error indicator will beat the "missing texture" indicator, so the mesh gets pitch black or invisible instead of purple.

And then there's also the as of yet still unexplained situation where, when using a body mod, like Robert's Male, but no clothing and armor replacer yet, that is Vanilla clothing/armor meshes with Vanilla bodies inside still used when wearing items, the items themselves will completely disappear.

This game just never stops coming up with weird unexplainable ways to fail sometimes, really.