Beginning of game wagon bug

KohakuFox

you know there is a far simpler solution to this then unticking mods, commenting out ini settings etc.

Simple start new game, When you see the alduin statue while the game is loading press "SHIFT+TAB" to open the steam overlay.

Leave that overlay up. When the alduin statue is gone showing it has loaded the screen behind the overlay will remain black but you will here a few noises showing that the mods are all loading in. Wait about 10 - 15 seconds then "SHIFT+TAB" again to remove overlay and all will run smoothly.

Saves having to disable this and re enable that etc etc

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this problem, and if you have the "Run for you Lives" mod, it may be because of that. so try deleting it, or disabling it, that might work

or as one post suggested, because it autosaves when you're about to make your character. you can go to that save, but you'll skip the opening scene

Edited by silvi1010

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

THIS actually worked for my current playthrough, where the trick with the SKSE.ini didn't do anything.

Thanks!

you know there is a far simpler solution to this then unticking mods, commenting out ini settings etc.

Simple start new game, When you see the alduin statue while the game is loading press "SHIFT+TAB" to open the steam overlay.

Leave that overlay up. When the alduin statue is gone showing it has loaded the screen behind the overlay will remain black but you will here a few noises showing that the mods are all loading in. Wait about 10 - 15 seconds then "SHIFT+TAB" again to remove overlay and all will run smoothly.

Saves having to disable this and re enable that etc etc

what I did for fix that bug was creating a saved game in the moment before to create my character when I arrived to Helgen (I don't know how the hell I did it, lol), with this I don't have the introduction with the wagon, and I don't have the flying wagon intro, my game works perfectly, I have a saved game where I use the succubus race with CBBE (a female looked like to Morrigan Aensland), try it, maybe that can help you to avoid the flying wagon intro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've started having the strangest bug. I recently reinstalled Skyrim, right? Well, for some reason, everytime I attempt the intro sequence, I am actually sitting in the seat of the guy driving the wagon instead of riding in the back with the prisoners, where I should be. I have tried with and without mods, and this same thing keeps happening. Not sure what the problem is at this point.

In addition, the doors to Helgen are shut when we arrive. The first wagon just plows into the door, the second wagon plows into the first wagon, and the NPCs just sorta stand there. I can never get further than that because that's where it ends. Without reactions from the NPCs, there's nothing I can do.

Edited by Dovahburr

I have this problem, and if you have the "Run for you Lives" mod, it may be because of that. so try deleting it, or disabling it, that might work

or as one post suggested, because it autosaves when you're about to make your character. you can go to that save, but you'll skip the opening scene

Nope, I can assure that Run for your lives mod doesn't affect the Helgen sequence. That mod usually affects civilian-type NPCs or inhabitants of a town/settlement to seek shelter in the nearby settlement. Helgen is not really a settlement in the 1st place and most of the characters in the Helgen Sequence are labelled as Stormcloaks faction or Imperials faction.

• 1 month later...

So I've started having the strangest bug. I recently reinstalled Skyrim, right? Well, for some reason, everytime I attempt the intro sequence, I am actually sitting in the seat of the guy driving the wagon instead of riding in the back with the prisoners, where I should be. I have tried with and without mods, and this same thing keeps happening. Not sure what the problem is at this point.

In addition, the doors to Helgen are shut when we arrive. The first wagon just plows into the door, the second wagon plows into the first wagon, and the NPCs just sorta stand there. I can never get further than that because that's where it ends. Without reactions from the NPCs, there's nothing I can do.

i had the same issue, however i fixed it by going to C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data then i deleated all FOLDERS BUT NOT THE FILES, folowed by verifying the games cache, subsiquently it now works perfectly. Note: this is also having uninstalled all mods.