Beginning of game wagon bug

KohakuFox

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not Helgen Reborn or Touring Carriages.

It's Script over-burdening, like the guy said on page one (Forget name).

The Intro plot is Script Heavy and too many mods being activated one after the other causes the carriage scene to bug out.

I've had the following bugs...

- The sound of Hadvar's Horse dying before you wake up and the "Skyrim" logo appears, so when it gets to the scene where he is calling out names of who is being executed.. He isn't there.
And you using the Race Menu to make your character is total silence; but others still respond even though Hadvar isn't there.
Sometimes he does just make it, but late.. Like he's late for work trying to sneak in like he was there the whole time. lol

- The Front Wheels of your Carriage aren't attached but act like they are and your Carriage is bobbing up and down or barrel rolling.

- Carriage moves off to the left up the Mountain and then turns to move towards gate, not always reaching it, hitting trees or the Helgen Wall.

- Carriage simply goes into mad Barrel Roll frenzy.

- None of the objects load in order at all. You're standing there by the roadside next to Radvor, the Carriage wheels are turning but the Carriage isn't moving in front of you with Hadvar riding his horse into the back of the none-moving carriage, Rokir of Rorekstead talking while everyone else is standing in line on the road with you.

You can sometimes get round it by constantly restarting a new game, gives it some kind of jump start.

If it's important to the Intro? Perkus Maximus, Civil War Overhaul, Sky UI, SKSE etc. Leave it on.
If not? Frost Fall, Realistic Needs etc. Switch it off, activate it after you escape.

Edited by Spankahontis

I have this problem, and if you have the "Run for you Lives" mod, it may be because of that. so try deleting it, or disabling it, that might work

or as one post suggested, because it autosaves when you're about to make your character. you can go to that save, but you'll skip the opening scene

Nope, I can assure that Run for your lives mod doesn't affect the Helgen sequence. That mod usually affects civilian-type NPCs or inhabitants of a town/settlement to seek shelter in the nearby settlement. Helgen is not really a settlement in the 1st place and most of the characters in the Helgen Sequence are labelled as Stormcloaks faction or Imperials faction.

That's the same thing you said about Immersive Armors and you were 100% wrong, so why should we trust your judgement on Run For Your Lives. It actually causes the wagons to be extremely jittery in my game when I have it turned on. It doesn't matter what the mod does, the error is most likely in the scripting and how nicely it plays with other mods installed.

You were already 100% wrong about immersive armors being the cause of my problem, so why should we trust your judgement on Run For Your Lives. It causes the wagons to be extremely jittery in my game when I have it turned on.

• 4 weeks later...

I had this same problem recently, but with a twist.

I managed to narrow it down to immersive armors v8 but, get this:

I only get the bug when I create a patch (bashed patch or a manually created compatibility patch) that uses the immersive armor esp as a master.
Even if I delete basically everything from the patch and have just immersive armors, skyrim.esm, and update.esm as the masters, it'll bug out
the carriage ride. Weird, eh? immmersive armors 7.1 works fine when used as a master in whatever patches I create, though... which is weird because v8 supposedly includes fixes to help prevent
this issue in the first place. DOUBLE WEIRD. I spent like an entire day on this, btw. heh
Edited by Daemonjax

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So loading into a clean save waiting for scripts to spin then quitting to main menu and loading new game seems to work.

This worked for me as well. Sometimes the simplest solutions really are the best! (Thanks Zuluthedrew!)

I had this bug before , always caused by the same mod : Cloaks of Skyrim.

The fix is very easy , just disable all the Cloaks of Skyrim plugins , restart the game , the cart riding should now work , then when you enter the Helgen keep , save , quit the game and reactivate the disabled plugins and everything will work just fine.

Edited by ZeroisVOID

• 2 months later...

Hi, I came across this thread by searching for the same problem. I found a solution that worked for me. This is to actually run FNIS for users and update again. Everything ran smoothly after applying this. I hope this helps you guys. Thanks a lot for this great site.