A request/modification to Vortex.

GothicNicki

Is is possible to add a cancel option when installing mods as sometimes I do think being able to cancel an installation is useful as at points one mod will give one option and another will have the same, but not know what got selected earlier. Example-Def-UI asks for a screen ration default 16:9, second mod asks for a screen ration, but 4:3 is selected. I could not remember what ratio was the default in Def-UI.

Also installation control I do find to be rather important as my PC has a 250gig hdd where windows is installed to and 1 terabyte secondary where I keep the software/games.

Nicki

Guest deleted34304850

if i read this correctly, a cancel option would break in, and stop an install of a mod, and revert everything back to how it was before you installed the mod, correct?

i am not sure if you could do this on smaller mods that contain only a handful of files and would install in a couple of seconds or less.

i think - the way it is now, where you can uninstall a mod is a much cleaner method because you know that it will fully remove all the components of the mod, leaving nothing behind.

in terms of mods that will alter settings, you can create a rule, so let's say you want to keep def ui for some reason and it's 16:9 ratio. but you have another mod that you know will change the screen ratio to 4:3. create a rule so that def ui loads AFTER the mod that changes the ratio to 4:3, so that when you install def ui, it's ratio of 16:9 will be your ratio going forward.

you can also add a note to a mod to tell yourself why you have added such a rule. double click on def ui, on the right of your screen a panel opens that contains metadata about the mod, in that area you can add a note something like "loads after mod x, because i want 16:9 screen ratio".

one mod will give one option and another will have the same, but not know what got selected earlier. Example-Def-UI asks for a screen ration default 16:9, second mod asks for a screen ration, but 4:3 is selected. I could not remember what ratio was the default in Def-UI.

If you mean "the mod I'm installing presents a popup and I need to stop and look up some stuff before continuing", just click the X button in the top-right of the popup, that'll stop the install.

Is is possible to add a cancel option when installing mods as sometimes I do think being able to cancel an installation is useful as at points one mod will give one option and another will have the same, but not know what got selected earlier. Example-Def-UI asks for a screen ration default 16:9, second mod asks for a screen ration, but 4:3 is selected. I could not remember what ratio was the default in Def-UI.

Also installation control I do find to be rather important as my PC has a 250gig hdd where windows is installed to and 1 terabyte secondary where I keep the software/games.

Nicki

If a mod has a pop-up that stops and asks you a question like Screen Ratio, 4:3, 19:9 etc, there already should be a cancel button at the bottom