⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[WIP] Thunderchild - The Tongue Experience

EnaiSiaion

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably way too late in development but a while back I had a script that made some really fundamental changes to shouts and how shouts were used in game.

It basically put each shout on its own individual exclusive cooldown, so you could do an ice breath shout then immediately cook it with fire breath and then further use the earthquake shout from your own mod within a few seconds.

Basically the goal was to subsist on shouts alone. And yes it worked with any dlc and user created shout including ones introduced by your shout package. It was automated to do so.

It may serve as a good reference for creating maybe only a second cooldown or to re implement the same system. JSHelper the main author gave the ok a while back to add it in any mod I liked and release it.

The code and method of attaching to the player was all in this thread:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/775618-shout-scripting/page-2

I spent 5 minutes scrolling through all 13 pages on my tardphone, then 15 minutes typing up a reply and then the train went through the Carrier-Oligopoly-Can-Get-Away-With-Minutes-Of-No-Reception-On-The-Commuter-Line-From-The-Biggest-City-To-The-3rd-Biggest-City twilight zone after I hit Post and I lost it all. Screw you Belgacom.

Anyway, I like your tech but I prefer a limited number of shouts per encounter that reward player skill instead of pump and dump shouting, especially with Skyrim's clunky hotkey system that is a step back from Diablo 1. Implementing this technology would be awesome if the mod was based on it and shouts didn't include things like sucking 40% of the enemies into a black hole and some of the effects weren't inspired by Final Fantasy overdrives.

I spent 5 minutes scrolling through all 13 pages on my tardphone, then 15 minutes typing up a reply and then the train went through the Carrier-Oligopoly-Can-Get-Away-With-Minutes-Of-No-Reception-On-The-Commuter-Line-From-The-Biggest-City-To-The-3rd-Biggest-City twilight zone after I hit Post and I lost it all. Screw you Belgacom.

Anyway, I like your tech but I prefer a limited number of shouts per encounter that reward player skill instead of pump and dump shouting, especially with Skyrim's clunky hotkey system that is a step back from Diablo 1. Implementing this technology would be awesome if the mod was based on it and shouts didn't include things like sucking 40% of the enemies into a black hole and some of the effects weren't inspired by Final Fantasy overdrives.

I get your meaning.

I recently started playing the vanilla shout system again and realized just how overpowered it was with individual cooldowns.

I was thinking of adjusting it, give diminishing returns on the cooldowns By adding 5 seconds of cooldown to all shouts other than the one just used(and any shout that already has cooldown gets the current value doubled). So switching them up and using a variety would be encouraged but not machine gun style insanity.

It was a great idea and all, but then I got dragonborn and updated and the script stopped attaching to the player, never figured out why...

Even a dual cooldown system would add a whole new layer of interest to the system, but a simpler approach might be more appropriate.

I featurecreeped in two more staves:

Gift of Kyne - Places a buff on targets in a 15 point radius that renders them unable to die for 20 seconds. During this time, for each 10 damage they take, your shout cooldown is reduced by 1 second.

Gift of Talos - Deals 10 shock damage +50% of your current shout cooldown (max 2 minutes) in a 15 point radius.