[WIP] Thunderchild - The Tongue Experience

EnaiSiaion

So if used with skyre one of the perks is a waste? Can't remember if it was essential to to take to open up other perks, hope not. On a side note, what about the other shout mods, that modify (enpower, since they are weak) the existing shouts, compatibily will be an issue now, I suppose. If yes, may I suggest you look at the vanilla shouts too? Firebreath is kinda essential, since, well it's firebreath.

Can't help with double tap, I'm terrible with cool names...even naming characters fells like labor.

Oops...haven't read the post right...I though it said magnitude of shout according to speech lvl (which is a perk in skyre). Beats me how I came to this conclusion, lol. Sorry.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are odd things going on with Storm Call. Apparently it does a 100-150 radius aoe and applies a short stagger and the ProjectileStorm script to everything it hits, on top of applying the same script to the caster. So both the caster and everyone within that area becomes a little Storm Call emitter, periodically dropping lightning on nearby targets. At 3 words, opponents don't get hit by their own lightning though (making the spell weaker against 1 target). Also, the version the caster gets only drops level 1 lightning regardless of number of words.

When you stack the shout with itself, it does stack on other units but not on the player, so you still cast only a limited number of piddly lightning bolts while everyone else gains the ability to call down twice as much lightning.

Aside from fixing the above, I also made the empowered version deal 120 damage instead of 80 and throw enemies into the air.

--

The effect from Dragonborn Frost (the Dragonborn DLC ability) is changed. Instead of turning your Frost Breath into Frost Breath + Ice Form, it now makes your Frost Breath apply a debuff. When hit by anything while under the effect of this debuff, the debuff is consumed and the victim is sent flying for 60 damage.

Lol little lightning emitters. that gives me an idea to make a mod for a mini game called Dodge the lightning. whoever is left living is the winner :D

Here's a full list of shouts (not all implemented yet, but the learning framework is done - all that remains is the actual mechanics, which are easy. :p ). Most shouts have 3 different functions, many others have 2.

• Allure
  • Annihilate
  • Arcane Helix
  • Armageddon
  • Curse
  • Earthquake
  • Essence Rip
  • Hammerfall
  • Jone's Shadow
  • Kingslayer
  • Lightning Shield
  • Living Shadow
  • Night Terrors
  • Phantom Decoy
  • Pride Call
  • Riftwalk
  • Serpent's Hiss
  • Shattersphere
  • Shor's Wrath
  • Shroud of Snowfall
  • Speak Unto The Dead
  • Stormblast
  • Summon Tempest
  • The Conqueror
  • Trueshot
  • Wail of the Banshee
  • Wanderlust
  • Warcry
  • Zombie Apocalypse

* Crazy Idea begins *

A long time back another mod was released Lady of Akatosh, and the mod maker may have retired / moved on but subsequent posts on that mod mentioned everyone would love "The Lady / Dragon" to be summoned through the Shouts, change her name to be a variant of Brianna or something and use the corresponding shouts to summon her, maybe she could be added to this (or Thunderbolt but isnt that becoming this?) and make her a gain for a quest relating to Talos and Akatosh, 4 names were mentioned maybe even 4 "Ladies", Would add something different that might make the whole shouting thing feel complete, Your the Dovakiin why not work with similar types...

* Crazy Idea ends here *

Anyway will be great to see :smile:

Names by: Calemyr
Ahmik Grah Vahdin (Service Battle Maiden = Amy = Feathered Dragon or similar as a Nod to Calemyr (Since this is a name he had thought sounded good)
Brii Ah Nah (Beautiful Hunter Fury) = Brianna
Mir Raan Dah (Allegiance Animal Push) - Miranda
Su Sah Nah (Air Phantom Fury) = Susana

Then again, credit would have to be given to both the mods Author Praveen, and Calemyr if this was implemented in any way

Edited by washi_rfd

I think it would also be cool to be able to unlock a new shout, or even a new armor set if you manage to learn, and unlock all vanilla shouts (+DLC shouts, although I would say that the Dragonborn DLC shouts should take precedence over Dawnguard) and subsequently all shouts released via Thunderchild. Kind of like a super-end-game bonus.

I think I read somewhere that new words are impossible, as it either can't be done in that engine or breaks something. Plus, who will do the voiceacting for the shout then?

There was a new shout in Falskaar with completely new words. And finding a voice actor who would vocalize three words wouldn't be very hard.