What is the FO4 Engine ("Creation Engine") really good at?

Good evening everybody!

So, there has been a lot of talk (and lots of complaining from myself) about "the limitations" of the FO4 engine.

And while that is good and all, only looking at the "negative aspects" of something is not really a good thing to do.

So my question is this:

What is the FO4 Engine ("Creation Engine") really good at?

Just my opinion....

The creation engine does the job. It may not be the best, it may be a tad unstable, and easily upset, but, when properly cared for, it can do amazing things. :D I am able to run my modded game without game-breaking bugs, and play for hours without issue. FO4 is currently my go-to game when I have some time to kill. :D

Compared to Hammer, which is the kit used to create levels (maps) for Half life and other games based on it, in which breaking through a mesh with another mesh or not properly sealing the map resulted in a failure trying to compile it, the creation kit is good at being very lax on how one edits and creates new levels, therefore, because of that laxitud, the level of optimization in level design is very "beginner friendly". After a couple of years creating maps with Hammer I was horrified on how the meshes are used in this game the first time I opened it, but one gets used to it.

Yeah like DieFeM said it's a bit gamebreaking less than the Hammer Editor and is good for making towns or houses from premade models and is good if you want to make huge amounts of dialogue for your story/game mod. The way the physics work can be wonky but overall it's more about making a story driven mod then a destructible environment like the hammer editor is good at.

He is good at everything, except for the tools and the description of these tools. Of course, simple mods in the form of adding static meshes; construction site elements, new clothes, creation of new maps and interiors; no more complicated than ue4. But havok is some kind of crap. I would like fo5 to have its own animations and tools with a full description.Fo4 does not have a single mod base. This is a set of custom tools and official tools without a description, where anyone can do useful things 10% of the time, but experiment 90% of the time, or go to a fortuneteller to ask how what works.

I thought everyone wrote about the flaws. Nobody has written about the merits. ) Only ce has such a detailed system for creating custom characters. No other engine has such a flexible and large morph system. Also ce has a workshop. Many games have construction sites, but fo4 has the most beautiful interior renderer of all construction games. With all the shortcomings, after fo4, you don't want to go to build somewhere in another game. In all other games, it is not possible to use medium poly and high poly with 2k-4k textures for construction.

It's good at managing large open worlds with large numbers of NPCs and large numbers of parallel evolving quest-lines, and AI so that the NPCs can react to those quest-lines without everything having to be done in a set order.

Edited by DocClox