New file adding "wizard", tagging and more prominent content blocking

Dark0ne

Thanks for sticking up for equality and standing against censorship on this site. People who want to impose their narrow mindedness on everyone else need to get professional mental counseling for more than the fear of the sight of pixel junk for everyone's good.

I am a lady gamer and if anything we need more mods for the guys of Skyrim of all kinds! If the prudes are too lazy or inept to get tagging to work they can try to keep the door from hitting their behinds as they leave. I won't miss them.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you're about to add a wizard for creating your mod page, I think it would be a good idea to revisit the README tab.

I would suggest allowing BBCode in there because as soon as you put 5 lines it becomes unreadable or incredibly hard to follow.

Another reason would be that it would serve as a secondary "description" for things that are important to know, but not necessarily important enough to put on the "front" page (DESC tab). Take my mod for example. I already busted the character limit for my description so I had to cut somewhere. The problem is all the changes I list could be in the README tab, but the changes would lose all the formatting making it "insanely" difficult to read. It's not only my mod, notably SKYRE and a pletora of mods suffer the same problem. Not to mention loading 65536 characters for the DESC tab takes a very long time...

I hope you will consider my idea. Keep up the great work!

Edited by TheThirdRace

In response to post #8294805. #8295774 is also a reply to the same post.

Rejoice, for if you have an issue, it seems you can now block such mods, assuming they're tagged properly. Tagging, it seems, is up to the mod authors and community, so...perhaps avoid referring to someone's work, however you may dislike it, as "annoying," and instead be courteous, and politely request that they tag it as such that users that wish to avoid dongage on the front page can do so. Remember, this is a community, and if you're not working with your fellow members, you probably won't have much fun. ^^

In response to post #8295085. #8295193 is also a reply to the same post.

Er, Oblivion's rating was actually changed to M not long after release, so you're wrong there. You can read more about that here:

http://www.esrb.org/about/news/downloads/oblivion_release_5.3.06.pdf

Basically, the ESRB messed up in their initial review, and missed some things that clearly put Oblivion into the 17+ category. As for the games with Nexus sites, and their ESRB ratings, here's a rundown:

TES V: Skyrim - M(17+)
TES IV: Oblivion - M(17+) - Formerly T(13+)
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition - M(17+)
Dragon Age: Origins/Dragon Age 2 - M(17+)
Dungeon Defenders - E10+(10+)
Fallen Enchantress - RP(To be determined)
Fallout 3 - M(17+)
Far Cary 3 - M(17+)
Legend of Grimrock - T(13+)
TES III: Morrowind - T(13+)
Mount & Blade Series(Three main games, iirc.) T(13+)
Neverwinter Series(Two main games, expansions are rated the same.) - T(13+)
Fallout: New Vegas - M(17+)
The Witcher Series(Two games, so far.) - M(17+)
War For The Overworld - Unrated, last I checked.
World of Tanks - T(13+)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - M(17+)

The breakdown:
M(Mature) - 11
T(Teen) - 8
E10+(Everyone Ten and Over) - 1
Not rated by ESRB - 1
RP(Rating Pending) - 1

Now, every single one of the M-rated games on Nexus has either a Blood and Gore or something involving nudity, and in most cases, BOTH. Now, for some reason, nudity has its own flag of sorts for content, seperate from "adult" content, which is blood and gore, as one of the moderators mentioned, which, while I find it odd, I'm just chalking up to modern society's repression of sexuality, and the pressure advertisers and so on have put on the site owner, out of a desire to cater to those that would rather avoid sexuality than face it as humans have done for centuries.

ANYWAY.

The point is, Oblivion is rated M, and so are exactly one-half of the games supported by Nexus. Two of the other half aren't even rated yet/may not be rated, and eight of those are only meant for people that are thirteen or older. If you can't handle genitalia, or blood and gore, maybe, just MAYBE, you shouldn't play games like Skyrim, Dragon Age, The Witcher, Fallout 3, Oblivion, and so on. Pretty sure all three of those have the Blood and Gore tag in their ESRB rating, and at least a couple have Partial Nudity or Nudity tags, as well.

In response to post #8295085. #8295193, #8296376 are all replies on the same post.

flyinghight, before wearing comment on what I should or should not play, ensures you do not say anything and make a misinterpretation of what I said. I asked a question and they answered me and I accept this answer. That's it. Reread my comments and I hope for you, you will understand that I am not assimilated a few clams whatsoever. A good word to malgres and all friendly :)

In response to post #8293996. #8294400 is also a reply to the same post.

if a mod is english but has a translated optional version in its downloads section it would be tagged as having a translation, so users of that language can find it, but wouldn't blocking the tag also remove it even though it has english too?

After thinking about it for most of the day I think I have a possible solution for tagging. See currently, if a mod is tagged Anime or Sexy/Skimpy or For female characters it gets blocked in my searches. However some mods have those tags that I want to see, without having to view all or most of the others. So can there be an exception blocking system. So that I can say, I want to block this tag, UNLESS it is paired with this tag too. That way if a mod is For female characters as well as For male characters I can see it then, as it has a greater chance of relating to my interests.

Also, while allowing a mod author to confirm or deny tags is all well and good, and of course making that the overriding winning decision. In some cases it's wrong. There are several mods that I have been unable to tag due to the fact that the mod author has down voted all related tags to that mod. So is reporting a mod for bad tags allowed? If not, can it be please?