Stuck on dragon logo after clicking "New Game"

necromanzee

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What version of Alternate Start - Live Another Life are you all using? I use Alternate Start without this issue at all & I've been using Alternate Start for several years. Are any of you using the latest version of Wrye Bash by chance? It has been discovered that certain mergeable plug-ins into the Bashed Patch.esp can cause this issue with the latest version of Wrye Bash (Wrye Bash 307 - Beta2). This is due to the plug-in not being loaded/saved correctly in the CK. The issue you all are experiencing is definitely mod-related but I can 100% attest to Alternate Start NOT being the culprit. I'm using the latest version of Alternate Start for Oldrim alongside a Bashed Patch.esp without the issue you all are experiencing. I know for a fact that Size Does Matter causes the issue with the game getting stuck on the dragon logo screen when merged into the Bashed Patch using Wrye Bash 307 - Beta 2. Wrye Bash's code has been changed to detect additional issues, which includes plug-ins not being loaded/saved in the CK correctly & using Oldrim plug-ins with Skyrim SE that haven't been converted to SSE by being loaded/saved in the Skyrim SE CK.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I disabled all mods and loaded only Skyrim + Update + Dawnguard (and the USKP and UDGP) and it loaded up fine.

So, unless my deductive reasoning deceives me, it must be mod-related. Which I absolutely don't understand because these are all the same mods I've been using forever. o_O Yet, here we are.

So, nevermind, Nexus community, I guess. :sweat: I am perfectly capable of enabling a few at a time until I find my own error. Sorry for cluttering the forums. This thread can be deleted or archived or whatever. :sweat:

Edit: I FUDGING FOUND IT. :woot:

For posterity's sake, it was the "No Starting Spells" mod by DSauer over at Steam Workshop. I am 100% certain that it used to work for me, so I am NOT saying there is anything wrong with that mod, but it is one of the newest (relatively) additions to my load order, and perhaps when I played with it, I didn't have "Alternate Start - Live Another Life" active. Because, to be clear and fair, "No Starting Spells"'s description does say it's incompatible with new game starts.

So that's all it was, for me. ^^

this works, but after that you will be infront of riverwood without any way to start the main questline, so after doing this and finding yourself infront of riverwood you should do "setstage mq101 10" and this should send you to a loading screen and start the game again, from scratch

• 1 month later...

First question: did you try all of the above-mentioned solutions, to no avail?

if yes

Second question: do you run Skyrim through SKSE?

if yes

suggestion: re-install SKSE from the website. Steam version is what caused this for me.

link: http://skse.silverlock.org/

if this still didn't work

suggestion2: go into your Skyrim directory (steamlibrary>steamapps>common>skyrim), RIGHT CLICK on "skse_loader.exe" (don't sweat it if you don't see the ".exe"), click properties, navigate to the "compatibility" tab, and select the option that says: "Run this program as an administrator". Now run SKSE and see if that worked.

if you're still stuck, sorry, that's really all I got...

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...

First question: did you try all of the above-mentioned solutions, to no avail?

if yes

Second question: do you run Skyrim through SKSE?

if yes

suggestion: re-install SKSE from the website. Steam version is what caused this for me.

link: http://skse.silverlock.org/

if this still didn't work

suggestion2: go into your Skyrim directory (steamlibrary>steamapps>common>skyrim), RIGHT CLICK on "skse_loader.exe" (don't sweat it if you don't see the ".exe"), click properties, navigate to the "compatibility" tab, and select the option that says: "Run this program as an administrator". Now run SKSE and see if that worked.

if you're still stuck, sorry, that's really all I got...

Running as Administrator worked for me. Thanks!

But now it says SKSE64 Is not running so gotta figure that one out.

Edit: Think I figured that 2nd part out. Needed to copy .plex files for SKSE into steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts

Please let me know if I did that right lol

Edited by SinkOnRS

• 1 month later...

To play skyrim you have to do the following:

(1)After clicking the new open the console menu by (`).

(2)Write coc riverwood in the console menu then press enter.

(3)Wait for loading.

(4)You will see a blank screen.

(5)Again open the console menu.

(6)Type coc riverwood again.

(7)Now the game will start.

I am sure it will work.Thanks for you question

Sorry for my bad english........................................... :blush:

it worked but i didnt get to escape helegen or customize my character race or choose my name and my quest isnt there and when i go to helgen all the npc's are frozen so i have no way of starting the main quest or the civil war quest lines

Edited by Slothjon