"Program compatibility assistance"

DirtyMoFo

I can't get fallout 3 or NV to work on my desktop or Laptop for the same reason. I will attach a photo below. Once I click the "get help online" it downloads Games for Windows Marketplace installer, which fails on both computers due to a network error (this was also the case when I was at a completely different location using different internet). This has happened on my old desktop and my old laptop as well, I can never get PC games to work.

What other programs do I need to install before I can play the game I installed through the steam program I installed, while being able to use the mods on Vortex I installed?

-Desktop-

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12-core

CPU Speed: 4.6 GHz

GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5700 XT
GPU RAM: 8gb DDR6
Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Total RAM: 64gb of DDR4
Hard drive free space: 417gb on a fast NVMe SSD
Windows 10

-Laptop- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X8QFYFD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CPU: Intel i7

CPU Speed: 2.6 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
GPU RAM: 6gb GDDR6
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Total RAM: 32gb
Hard drive free space: 880gb on a NVMe SSD
Windows 10
Using Steam
The games are installed wherever the system put them, I changed nothing.
Run as Administrator isn't an option.
All DLCs
Using Vortex
No game construction kit
No other helper programs
No gameplay enhancements, not a single mod on this computer
No I have not had Steam verify local files, I can't find that option anywhere.
I cannot locate "Windows Explorer" on my computer so I can't check if "Hide known file extensions" is enabled or not
Edited by DirtyMoFo

Just click the little "Don't show this again" box, and then click the run the program anyway button. It *should* fire off.

That's just windows being excessively paranoid.

It doesn't work for me. I click that, then click Play on the menu and it closes. Even shows on Steam that the game is closed

Please see the article "How to ask for help" and provide all the information noted there.

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/How_to_ask_for_help

Just updated with all my computer information.

It may be Games for windows live biting you in the keester, and not necessarily the game itself. Try using this..

I downloaded it but Vortex won't install it.

Is Vortex not managing Fallout 3 for you? If not, you can tell it to. Either that, or just install it manually.

It's in the Managed list so I assume it is. I was finally able to get the file you suggested to download, but it didn't change anything when I tried playing the game.

Is Vortex not managing Fallout 3 for you? If not, you can tell it to. Either that, or just install it manually.

It's in the Managed list so I assume it is. I was finally able to get the file you suggested to download, but it didn't change anything when I tried playing the game.

Did you follow the instructions in the readme that came with the file?

Did you follow the instructions in the readme that came with the file?

I don't see any specific instructions in the read-me file. What am I missing?