Mod Authors Forum Access.

HeyYou

Yeah, that's the Beth side of things. But I can tell you some nasty changes have happened since MS got involved into Minecraft. And a major part of modders/players stuck with the last pre MS version(1.12.2).

F.e. there were some mods that got absorbed into later game versions, without consulting any of the org creators, while others got some share. There was a bit of outrage.

But then, in difference to the Beth EULA, the Minecraft EULA makes it very clear, that Mojang has the right to integrate anything at will, without the need to ask. I actually might be wrong the Beth EULA doesn't say something similar.

Fallout 4 is basically a compilation of Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 Mods.

Yes, Fallout 4 is Fallout 3 + FNV + mods

And mods are combination of Fallout 4 + Original ideas.

Crazy how derivative works , work isn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative_work

One person can take from one and next from them and so on...

Edited by TexMex477

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's claiming ownership or modification.

Completely incorrect on your part.

He added the word "infinite" into the ToS, the word "edit" was already included in the ToS and he removed (paraphrasing) "Until the mod author deletes it" from the ToS.

You can try and argue differently, but that would be pure sophistry. No mater what mental gymnastics you try an use, Dark0ne (and by logging into the site, we "agreed" although without being made aware of it ) has granted himself the irrevocable rights to distribute, and edit your files, and there is nothing you can do about it.

He's also made it clear that he doesn't care for what reason you were banned, be it an infraction against site rules, or simply on a whim because he doesn't like your current forum avatar, you can go whistle dixie if he says so.

He's also made it clear that he doesn't care for what reason you were banned, be it an infraction against site rules, or simply on a whim because he doesn't like your current forum avatar, you can go whistle dixie if he says so.

Indeed, in the last week or so I've noted a distinct shift in the tone of his posts here (likewise over on Discord) that are needlessly adversarial, disdainful, passive aggressive and somewhat condescending towards those of us who dare to question his recent decision. I would say that it's almost as if he's doing it on purpose to rile mod authors up, except that he's already admitted that he'd rather those who want to fight him on the draconian TOS changes should just bugger off already. The mask has slipped.

Except you didn't loan it to them. You let them make a copy. And told them they could use it forever. And you still have your copy. But you want to take away their copy. Even though they built a business around having that copy available. And they can't change the copy in any way while you still can.

And let's not forget, when opted into DP, you get a share as well. I don't wanna call numbers, but I'm quite satisfied with that little extra tip I'd get to sink on any Steam Black Friday.

I'd like to compare how much money The Nexus makes from me as individual, in comparison to how much I make by their DP system. I'm somewhat sure I take more from them, as they take from me. The reason why they made the big money, is actually because of the quantity of users.

Except you didn't loan it to them. You let them make a copy. And told them they could use it forever. And you still have your copy. But you want to take away their copy. Even though they built a business around having that copy available. And they can't change the copy in any way while you still can.

And let's not forget, when opted into DP, you get a share as well. I don't wanna call numbers, but I'm quite satisfied with that little extra tip I'd get to sink on any Steam Black Friday.

I'd like to compare how much money The Nexus makes from me as individual, in comparison to how much I make by their DP system. I'm somewhat sure I take more from them, as they take from me. The reason why they made the big money, is actually because of the quantity of users.

I think most of their income comes from advertising..... so it's all about page views, not necessarily downloads.

Sure, the more users, the more clicks. So how much income do I produce at peak, per day? One cent? I don't even know, I'm just wildly guessing.