Does anyone still play Skyrim?

Lehcar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still playing. Took a short break a couple months ago but I'm immersed again.

On my latest character I've actually discovered two places (vanilla, no DLC or dungeon mods - yet) that I've never seen before.

Guess that comes from, "Oh yeah, this quest. I have to go THIS way" over and over and not enough, "Hmm, let's just wander somewhat in this direction for a while". :)

Finally trying to play a mage. Getting easier around level 18 now.

Definately still playing. Its my favorite game ever. Actually the only games I play are strictly Bethesda right now. Not much of a gamer, unless I'm playing these games(Fallout, elder scrolls). Pretty happy right now too, I just perfected my enb settings and look, so now my game looks perfect for me :D But yea, Skyrim isn't dead, wont be for a long time, look at Oblivion, people are still going strong on that game. Hell people are still going strong on older games than that. Anyone who says Skyrim is dead is just impatient and wants a new elder scrolls game hehe

Still playing. Took a short break a couple months ago but I'm immersed again.

On my latest character I've actually discovered two places (vanilla, no DLC or dungeon mods - yet) that I've never seen before.

Guess that comes from, "Oh yeah, this quest. I have to go THIS way" over and over and not enough, "Hmm, let's just wander somewhat in this direction for a while". :smile:

Finally trying to play a mage. Getting easier around level 18 now.

Same here, actually quite a few. I found that using SkyUI to turn off the compass forces exploration... it makes Skyrim seem large, and there is always something new to see. Highly recommend you try it.

Its too bad the quest object basically require to to use waypoints. "Go to X to get Y." Doesn't really leave much room for looking around.

Its too bad the quest object basically require to to use waypoints. "Go to X to get Y." Doesn't really leave much room for looking around.

There's a mod (I think it's called Even Better Quest Descriptions?) that improves your quest log to the point where you don't need the arrows anymore.

You! Fetcher! How dare you! :D Of course we're still playing it. Just because you are burnt out, doesn't mean we all are. BTW good players who know about the right mods can never get burnt out. Vanilla Skyrim on PS3 was atrocious though! Bleghhh! :pinch:

Something I've noticed is the mods seem to be getting . . . deeper. The initial rush of retextures, player homes full of god items passes and eventually the huge complex mods Vlija, Civil War Overhaul and Helgen Reborn become more stable with work.

I think its these deep mods that are the reason for the games life - Several lifetimes, if you're talented.

It does seem a shame that very few mods exploit the fact that the whole of Tamriel is out there though, beyond the invisable barriers around Skyrim. Probably due to some technical reason I'm too uninformed to apreciate.

Edited by frank lee