Does anyone still play Skyrim?

Lehcar

I actually bought the game when it was new -but let it sit on my shelf until the beginning of this year when I finally installed it and loaded it up with mods (Thanks Nexus!)

In hindsight, this was the perfect thing to do. The game is more stable (due to mods), more immersive (mods), better looking (mods) and with a helluva lot more content (chorus: MODS!) I believe that I will be playing this game years from now (using compatibility mods to make it work on WIN12 or whatever they call it.) Like many others, I will play TES VI when it comes out, but I will still be playing Skyrim.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually bought the game when it was new -but let it sit on my shelf until the beginning of this year when I finally installed it and loaded it up with mods (Thanks Nexus!)

In hindsight, this was the perfect thing to do. The game is more stable (due to mods), more immersive (mods), better looking (mods) and with a helluva lot more content (chorus: MODS!) I believe that I will be playing this game years from now (using compatibility mods to make it work on WIN12 or whatever they call it.) Like many others, I will play TES VI when it comes out, but I will still be playing Skyrim.

Im not sure we will see TES VI with the online version, but we will see. Many seem to reguard the online version sucking skeever tail! :laugh:

I'm not really into MMOs, but I'd wager that they'll patch ESO to the point where it will be worthwhile. But, back on topic:

I'm confident that there will be an Elder Scrolls VI. Not because I have faith, but rather because Bethesda has made very good profits on the earlier games in the series. Yes, admittedly, most of those profits (at least where Skyrim is concerned) came from the console sales. But, what got everyone hyped about the approaching TES V game? The fantastic TES IV mods done on PC. PCs push the word on TES series. Game comes out on consoles first, gets ported to PC, then gets (nearly) perfected by modders, who create the buzz that keeps the series alive and drawing in new players.

Honestly, would Bethesda have bothered with two great downloadable expansions (Dawnguard and Dragonborn) if this weren't the case? (And, no, I didn't forget Hearthfire. It simply wasn't worth including in my opinion.)

Look at the difficulty that Nexus has every time Steam puts Skyrim (and/or the expansions) on sale. Usage and downloads spike through the roof due to the large numbers of purchases during these sales (just ask Robin.) That means tons of new players are trying out (and importantly, buying) a game that came out over two years ago.

Look at the Steam player numbers in the posts above. More people are playing Skyrim than CSGO. That says something right there. And I feel confident that Bethesda is only too well aware of these numbers. This is why I'm certain there will be a TES VI. It simply is too much sale potential for Bethesda to pass up on it.

Played it from release on PS3 for a few months. Thought it was an ok game but ended up trading it in for somerhing else. Can't remember what lol. Anyway I bought it again off of steam and got a few mods. HOLY CRAP!!!!!! Totally different game. Love it. Play it almost everyday now with about 30 or so mods. You modders do some FANTASTIC WORK.

Playing since Jan 14. Obsessively. Contacted Restartitis. Created God knows how many characters.

I cannot see how can I stop playing skyrim... everyday I come to Nexus, there is another mod just waiting to drop my jaw to the floor....

Due to extensive modding, skyrim has become more like a living organism. It's evolving each day to a better version of itself.

And I haven't touched the beast races yet!

Skyrim has ascended beyond Half Life 2 (all episodes) as my all-time favourite single player game.
It's replayability both as a stand-alone, then as a modded game is without equal.
I want to thank all the great modders in this community for what they have done.

Yep, still play it.

even after 800 hours i still love playing it again and again and again, even though i ALWAYS do the exact same thing.

(1h sword + shield + fire magic/necromancy)