Saints Row IV: banned

Vindekarr

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty disappointing considering it's an over the top game, with over the top stuff. But to ban this and State of Decay over drug use (to be fair the anal probe gun was over the top)? Developers are allowed to use any words they like but to ban them from using the names of real world drugs is just silly. And it isn't even marketed to young children. To me there are still issues that needs to be sorted with the Classification Board before Australia gets the same access as the rest of the world (mainly US and Europe). To go over the top to say that it is censorship is also silly, yes I'm disappointed as an Aussie but I'm not screaming like a child. More needs to be done and we as gamers in Aus should discuss this calmly and productively, without going to extremes.

Yep, I was playing Dawn Of War earlier, got shot, so I shot-up on adrenal stimulants to activate my larraman cells! I'm totally gonna try crack! *badum-tish!*

Look, we're all adults, we're capable of making our own decisions as to whether or not 'probing someone is right or wrong, and at the end of the day it's just a video game anyway. Seriously, in Galactic Civilisations II I've waged genocidal campaigns and exterminated entire species(so by their logic I'm a nazi). In Dawn Of War I've cut a cute elf chick's head off with a weaponised chainsaw(so I'm a wife-basher and racist) in Gran Turismo I've reached speeds of over 450 kilometres and hour(so I'm an unsafe driver and hoon) and in Fallout NV I've adminstered many, many IVs(as ze doktor!) so I'm naturally a drug dealer aswell.

Grow up OFLC, seriously. Just because you do something in a game doesn't mean you'll do it in real life. Just look at the games I play and the books I read-bloody, graphic, goth-horror. Am I a horrifying goth? well, I am a goth, but come on! I've never sliced an alien elf-chick's head off with a big-ass chain-sword. Not only because I don't have a chain-sword, but because that's just not something I'd ever do irl!

This is an interesting look at the inner workings of PEGI, it's far better than what we used to have with the BBFC interfering with everything. I didn't realise we have no enforceable classification system for download titles, that should get interesting when we finally move to download only.

More needs to be done and we as gamers in Aus should discuss this calmly and productively, without going to extremes.

I say we slit their throats.

Because all gamers resort to the extremes like the games they play.

*Insert maniacal laugh with evil music*

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, there was a trailer for it on STEAM today. It's about as child friendly as a snuff film, which is something we can be thankful for.

Edited by Vindekarr

Same as the title says really, the OFLC may have an R rating now, but it's just banned a slew of triple-A titles in Australia, perhaps the biggest being Saint's Row 4. Not only is this a disapointing decision-it's also meant that a lot of Australian customers now can't play a game they've pre-ordered.

i

But then again, Australia has a terribad Rating system. Anything and everything gets banned. (Just dramatizing, but it's true to a certain extent). Who "censors" the game for a new release in areas like that anyways? The developers?

Edited by Yoshh

Same as the title says really, the OFLC may have an R rating now, but it's just banned a slew of triple-A titles in Australia, perhaps the biggest being Saint's Row 4. Not only is this a disapointing decision-it's also meant that a lot of Australian customers now can't play a game they've pre-ordered.

i

But then again, Australia has a terribad Rating system. Anything and everything gets banned. (Just dramatizing, but it's true to a certain extent). Who "censors" the game for a new release in areas like that anyways? The developers?

They don't, you can have drugs in R18+. It's just that they are reluctant to give R18+, hence why I said that more civil conversations needs to be done before we can have the same access as the rest of the world.