Skyrim SE Mods not working

annabellex

I did a clean install of Skyrim SE and I am trying to install the alternate start mod but it won't work even though it says it is is enabled. I have Vortex set deploy mods when enabled automatically and it doesn't even work when I try to manually deploy the mods either.

My staging folder is D:\Vortex Mod Staging Folder\skyrimse

my downloads folder is D:\downloads

And my skyrim install folder is D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

What am I doing wrong?

First, check the SETTINGS----->MODS

Make sure it says HARDLINK DEPLOYMENT

Vortex-Staging-Folder.jpg

Next go to EXTENSIONS and make sure all of these are set to ENABLED

Gamebryo Archive Invalidation
​Gamebryo Ba2 Support
​Gamebryo Bsa Support
​Gamebryo Plugin Indexlock
​Gamebryo Plugin Management
​Gamebryo Savegame Management
​Gamebryo Test Settings

Next go to the PLUGINS Tab, and make sure they all say ENABLED., same with the MODS tab

I have it set to hardlink. The gamebryo files exist in the extensions and are all enabled but do not exist in the mods and plugins tabs at all. What should I do about that?

The Extensions aren't supposed to be in the Plugins or Mods tab that's why they're not there

Just make sure all your MOds and Plugins are set to Enabled

I have it set to hardlink. The gamebryo files exist in the extensions and are all enabled but do not exist in the mods and plugins tabs at all. What should I do about that?

The Extensions aren't supposed to be in the Plugins or Mods tab that's why they're not there

Just make sure all your MOds and Plugins are set to Enabled

Well, I looked in vortex and I still had old saved data, after deleting that alternate start seems to be running now. Thank you for your time!

So I am own the game through steam, and pick and choose my mods while in the actual game. No external mod manager. The game says the mods are applied and loaded, but none of them actually work. For instance, the zoidberg mudcrab mod is checked off, but all of the mud crabs and normal. I figured the easier way to not mess up modding with the best results would be to download them using the in game mod selection, but it appears I still messed up somewhere.

lowes employee portal

Edited by Nicolassa

• 1 year later...

I NEED HELP TOO PLEASE.

I have had a well functioning mods list that i've built on vortex but for some reason when i (in the skyrimse game) downloaded a few mods from the bethesda.net mods section my game froze automatically (just downloaded some house mods and a follower mod nothing clashed). Now every time i use the skse loader and launch the game to play, if i try to load any of my saves or click continue it warns me that im missing a bunch of my mods and that sky ui is not present so the mods that rely on that wont work. there hasnt been an update past 2.2.3 AE yet so i know my skse is up to date but im not sure why the game is overlooking that skse is installed. Thing is, my ENB shows up fine but skse is plain nowhere to be seen and makes playing virtually impossible. Please help if possible.

note after i discovered this issue i created a new mod staging folder and have now delegated a new space for my mods and have them set to hardlink deployment however i still achieve the same unsatisfactory results.