@South8028 Would you be willing to recreate the collision on this NIF for me?

It's for the Concord Restoration Project.

Â

Materials:

- Concrete for the foundation and slab in front of the main door.

- Glass for the windows (assuming that is not breakable, we don't want the glass to break)

- Wood for everything else

Â

The NIF here:

https://mega.nz/file/Pyp20DoZ#I0H-iRgcFh669Y8-m681F-4vxSyjKfe9bb3ndKt1sCA

Â

Â

Â

@YouDoNotKnowMyName I think you can get by without collision for your screen, no?

okay, tomorrow I'll take a look, I'll try.

@South8028 Would you be willing to recreate the collision on this NIF for me?

It's for the Concord Restoration Project.

ÃÃÂ

Materials:

- Concrete for the foundation and slab in front of the main door.

- Glass for the windows (assuming that is not breakable, we don't want the glass to break)

- Wood for everything else

ÃÃÂ

The NIF here:

https://mega.nz/file/Pyp20DoZ#I0H-iRgcFh669Y8-m681F-4vxSyjKfe9bb3ndKt1sCA

ÃÃÂ

ÃÃÂ

ÃÃÂ

@YouDoNotKnowMyName I think you can get by without collision for your screen, no?

All in all. I watched. At the moment this is not a game, not a 3D model. Do you have any 3d editor? It doesn't matter which one, blender, or max, or maya ... You need to make this model in normal 3D format, with a hierarchy of meshes, position it exactly along the axes, preferably everything with uv maps (I cannot export this nif with uv). I converted it to fbx for you at 1: 1 scale. Align all the meshes neatly to me. One of the meshes (I do not know what it is ... Fence?) Also expose if you need it. If not needed, I can make a normal fence. If you yourself cannot make a uv map, I will make you a uv map again.Only after there is a normal model in fbx, or any other format for max - I can make a collision. Because now it's just a set of meshes in the shape of a house, not a model. )

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/HHsGdx4IeZKDXg

Edited by South8028

Hey, thanks for looking into it.

The NIF was initially made in Blender (by Hozsa, used with permission). I then edited it as SCOL about two years ago, regenerated NIF data and finally spliced some parts I edited in 3dsmax into it, with Nifskope.

Basic issue is, the mesh itself must remain as it is (size, orientation, alignment, etc) or it won't fit anymore in the mod I'm using it in. So it can't be rotated, rescaled or anything.

I tried creating rigid bodies with proxies, but the model is just too overwhelming for me (I'm a total noob at 3dsmax) and I'm getting lost in all the layers.

Also, the exporter plugin seems to crash max for me when I try exporting as NIF. I managed to edit and export parts as NIF without crashing (like the interior walls which I edited), by selecting and then only exporting selection. I manually spliced the thusly exported Trishapes back into the building NIF then.

Was hoping it wouldn't cause such trouble for someone with moar better 3dsmax skills than me.

But I could try and see if I can restructure the NIF and name the nodes properly in Nifskope?

Hey, thanks for looking into it.

The NIF was initially made in Blender (by Hozsa, used with permission). I then edited it as SCOL about two years ago, regenerated NIF data and finally spliced some parts I edited in 3dsmax into it, with Nifskope.

ÃÂ

Basic issue is, the mesh itself must remain as it is (size, orientation, alignment, etc) or it won't fit anymore in the mod I'm using it in. So it can't be rotated, rescaled or anything.

ÃÂ

I tried creating rigid bodies with proxies, but the model is just too overwhelming for me (I'm a total noob at 3dsmax) and I'm getting lost in all the layers.

Also, the exporter plugin seems to crash max for me when I try exporting as NIF. I managed to edit and export parts as NIF without crashing (like the interior walls which I edited), by selecting and then only exporting selection. I manually spliced the thusly exported Trishapes back into the building NIF then.

ÃÂ

Was hoping it wouldn't cause such trouble for someone with moar better 3dsmax skills than me.

But I could try and see if I can restructure the NIF and name the nodes properly in Nifskope?

well, it would be nice to find the source, since it's made in a blender. You can position it, because it really affects nothing, the position is easy to correct on the map in ck. But if you align it, then collecting it in max will be much easier than when it is turned and below the ground, as it is now. Also, there is one mesh inside the house (wallpaper, interior walls?), It does not coincide a bit with one of the aisles. I don't know what to do with it. If this is really important and there is no need to rush it, I can try to collect it neatly, redo uvw, assign materials, make a collision.I donât know how well it will turn out, because, to be honest, itâs easier for me to rebuild such a house than to carry out such a reconstruction. But if you find the sources with uvw in a normal format, then this is a completely different matter. Then it will be easy for me to just link the meshes, add collision and export back to nif. Edited by South8028

I think I already asked Hozsa for the source files, but they didn't have them anymore. Also, they sadly quit modding a while ago.

But in any case, I have cleaned up the NIF in nifskope. Fixed some hierarchy errors, gave all nodes a proper name and removed two extraneous trishapes that were not really used.

I think it won't crash 3dsmax anymore now, but I didn't test that yet.

https://mega.nz/file/WzwQnBYR#LGpknJEr-890yFr5QhLlkS45Ufbj9Qsa7ops3tPGm88

EDIT: Yay, it no longer crashes 3dsmax. I'm now assigning materials and stuff, so there will be a .max file.

The file you are trying to download is no longer available.

This could be due to the following reasons:

The file has been removed because of a ToS or AUP violation.

Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist

The file has been deleted by the user.

Now that I've cleaned up the source NIF, assigned materials, removed unnecessary meshes and created a clean max project file...

I've actually managed to do it on my own, tee hee!

I've recreated collision for the modified Concord Inn mesh in max.

Many artist.

Such creation.

Very 3d.

Wow!