Please boycott Ender's game if you care about equality and the end

Michlo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll gladly support this Michlo-I've always firmly believed that any sort of discrimination is deplorable, whether it's over sexual orientation, race, religion or favourite colour, it's wrong and I'll damn well take issue with anyone who practices it. We're all human, whether we're black, white or purple, gay or straight, Christian, Muslim, Rasta or Aethiest-it's damn well time we started treating eachother as such.

Thanks, mate (and long time no speak!).

I'm fine with people having different opinions but this fella actively engages in promoting intolerance and attempting to effect change which harms people.

Cheers.

Card again? I'm doing what everyone should have done a long time ago; Imagine that his work doesn't exist and don't touch his work, as well as telling everyone else about it. Then people would stop buying it and he can be banned retire somewhere where he can rant to his little rabble his hate speeches. Then the world and the Internet would forget about this guy.

I don't need to boycott it for moral reasons, since I think it was a generic poorly written book from a self-righteous author, and I suspect the movie will be the same. :)

Plenty of reason to avoid it even aside from his anti-human political views.

Erm....

He is the only author in history to win sci-fi’s two biggest awards, the Hugo and the Nebula, back-to-back: for 1985′s Ender’s Game and its sequel Speaker for the Dead.

Apparently, some folks don't share your opinion.....

Ok, so he is a homophobe. Which is in keeping with his religious views. Not like there aren't other public figures with distasteful (to some) personality traits...... And this is a reason to boycott his work?

Erm....

He is the only author in history to win sci-fi’s two biggest awards, the Hugo and the Nebula, back-to-back: for 1985′s Ender’s Game and its sequel Speaker for the Dead.

Apparently, some folks don't share your opinion.....

Ok, so he is a homophobe. Which is in keeping with his religious views. Not like there aren't other public figures with distasteful (to some) personality traits...... And this is a reason to boycott his work?

So it's okay to buy work from someone who has a habit of being an extreme bigot but it's not okay to buy work that promotes extremism? Okay got it.

Keep arguments about Religious beliefs out of this.

Yes, I locked the prematurely before, and yes this thread will be monitored.

The first sign of a fight over religion, politics, or just plain fight in general.

There will be punishments handed out.