ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Unable to export facegen data?

Cerberus5123

• 2 weeks later...

You can't select the NPCs and export properly from the main 'Actors' category of the Object Window in the CK. Expand the tree to Actors -> Actor -> Actor -> The race of the NPC you're looking for, and then select the NPC and hit Ctrl+F4 from the more specific category. Using too broad of a category seems not to work for some people. Making the category more specific is the only fix I know of.

Thanks alot i have been experiencing this problem for weeks, works like a charm

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

kind of wish there was a less complicated tool to make this kind of stuff. Good thread though. Summary

1. Did you make sure "Is CharGen Face Preset" is unchecked?
2. Before Ctrl+F4, find your character manually without the search,
Actors -> Actor -> Actor -> The race of the NPC

3. Make sure there are no retexture conflicts in mod manager of the same NPC
4. Verify the integrity of files of both your CK Tools and Skyrim

5. Changing weight of NPC in game does not always fix it permanently, you'll have to keep doing it every time you load
6. Make sure the directory is correct: Data/Textures/actors/charachter/FaceGenData/FaceTint/YourPlugin.esp

Edited by Karzik

And in case it happens and you're left scratching you head, I would add to this list:

0.5. If using custom tintmasks over x512, before launching CK, move the tintmasks folder out of the folder '\textures\actors\character\character assets' to avoid 'red forehead'.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

You can't select the NPCs and export properly from the main 'Actors' category of the Object Window in the CK. Expand the tree to Actors -> Actor -> Actor -> The race of the NPC you're looking for, and then select the NPC and hit Ctrl+F4 from the more specific category. Using too broad of a category seems not to work for some people. Making the category more specific is the only fix I know of.

You are a LIFE saver! Thank you! <3

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Check the "Is Chargen Face Preset" flag is deactivated before using the Ctrl+F4. You can activate it again after generating the .nif and .dds.

This may have some more info:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/587550-creation-kit-npc-facial-textures-help/page-2

Late to the party, but thanks so much for this. I spent HOURS trying to figure out why everyone's face was exporting except Lydia. You're a lifesaver!