Are collections really that bad?

Highlynx

I can understand not being able to delete your own mods but I am still confused as to why collections has received such a negative response. It's not like the nexus team is going to lock mods behind a pay wall. Donations are still a thing. The only thing that I have seen that is deserving of the criticism it has gained are mod authors being unable to delete their own stuff while everything else just seems blown out of proportion.

If people are that upset, are there any other sites on par with nexus in terms of being able to navigate the site and track down specific kinds of mods?

Mod Authors aren't upset about COLLECTIONS, they are upset because the ability to delete our Mods was removed, and three days AFTER they made the change to Deletions we were told about it.

That's it, in a nutshell

You forgot the ability to opt out of collections if that is the mod author's choice. It was first put out, you are all in or you are all out. That was changed to you can delete some mods as long as it is done before Aug.5, 2021. After that date you have no choice, you are all in.

I can understand not being able to delete your own mods but I am still confused as to why collections has received such a negative response. It's not like the nexus team is going to lock mods behind a pay wall. Donations are still a thing. The only thing that I have seen that is deserving of the criticism it has gained are mod authors being unable to delete their own stuff while everything else just seems blown out of proportion.

If people are that upset, are there any other sites on par with nexus in terms of being able to navigate the site and track down specific kinds of mods?

Mod Authors aren't upset about COLLECTIONS, they are upset because the ability to delete our Mods was removed, and three days AFTER they made the change to Deletions we were told about it.

That's it, in a nutshell

You forgot the ability to opt out of collections if that is the mod author's choice. It was first put out, you are all in or you are all out. That was changed to you can delete some mods as long as it is done before Aug.5, 2021. After that date you have no choice, you are all in.

The opt out option was never on the table. Nexus simply wasn't going to go there. That would pretty much defeat the entire purpose of collections. They explained their reasoning in a news post.