Steam Summer Sale

hoofhearted4

well i remembered why i dislike playing online. was playing coop (i was host) and we were fighting midge-mong. i killed it and saw it drop an Orange (probably Ker-Blaster, as thats Midge-mongs orange drop) but i only saw it for a brief second before the person i was playing with picked it up. normally idc when people loot steal, as this early in the game it doesnt make too much different. but the one orange i think ive ever gotten from a random drop (not farming, and that includes PC and PS3) someone else picked up. i finally got him to confirm that he did indeed pick up an orange weapon (as i said, he picked it up so fast i wasnt sure. could have just been money)...shortly thereafter he left the game,

this scenario is the one thing i hate about borderlands, and its shared loot. their answer is "did someone ninja steal your loot? duel and trade them for it" yea cause no one does that... and early KerBlaster would have been sweet :'(

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i remembered why i dislike playing online.

Not really an issue with playing online more than it is an issue with playing with randoms online. This is why I tend to only play games with people I know or who I am atleast familiar with to trust that they won't be douchebags. Also probably why I don't have many games which have multiplayer.

its more of a problem with Boderlands 2. a game designed around loot should have personal loot drops. or at the very very least a gamble/need system like in some MMOs. or have the host get first dibs on purple and up. idk. like i said, mostly it doesnt bother me as most weapons, even a good purple weapon, wont matter for too long. but a unique orange, can be useful for awhile.

im over it. i do like playing with others, even randoms. and something like this probably wont happen much as oranges are freaking rare as hell in BL2.

I wanted to get Borderlands 2, but then I thought of just how boring the first one got so nah.

For now I got Deadlight, Torchlight 2, Civ V Gold, Shogun 2 + Rise of the Samurai, Hotline Miami and Deus Ex: HR + Missing Link.

And I have the summer badge too :D I don't like the new system of how to collect badges but oh well. Im a sucker and did it anyway.

I like the daily deals very much, not making me spend that much but I still get great games and not too many.

So guys are you going poor or keeping it kinda real like me? :P

So guys are you going poor or keeping it kinda real like me? :P

So far, I grabbed Stardrive, Bastion, The Witcher 2, and The Last Remnant. I picked up Dawnguard too since it was at 50%, but holding off on Dragonborn or Hearthfire till the price goes down again.

I probably won't end up buying very much else unless it looks like a good game for a low price. Considered Borderlands 2, but there's just SO much DLC for it that I almost don't want to even bother. Nothing else is really jumping out at me since I've already hit my quota for RPGs on rails.

Got meself Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (and the DLC), the Sleeping Dogs DLC Collection, Far Cry 3, and Saints Row the Third (Full Package). Probably grab another 2 or 3 more games, but only if they're going on 50% off or more.

I was thinking Borderlands 2, but like Vagrant0 said, too many DLCs there...... way too many.

Bought so far The Last Remnant. X-Blades. Almost all Saints Row: The Third DLC except the two cheat ones. NiGHTS into Dreams. The Bard's Tale. Bionic Commando. Antichamber. No Time To Explain. Zeno Clash 1 and 2. Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold. Two Worlds Collection. Tomb Raider. Borderlands 2 Season Pass and the two extra characters. System Shock 2. Devil May Cry 4. Dark Souls prepare to die edition. Blade Symphony.

Finished Zeno Clash and No time to explain.

Im waiting to last day to buy Risen 1 and 2, Far cry 3, Assassin's creed 3 and the call of juarez games incase they get bigger sales.

Edited by gamevsreality

My expenditure is significantly lower this year than it was last year. So far I've only bought Expeditions Conquistador, the Tomb Raider Collection, some Magicka DLC and Castle Crashers.

I set a rule for myself this time around. If I don't think I'm going to have time to play a game before the winter sale comes around, I'll hold off and buy it on the winter sale. It's no use buying games I'll only have time to play after they've gone on sale again.

yea nothing else im seeing. ive bought most other good games on previous sales, or (in the Case of Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row and a few others) got them as part of a gift like when i bought my GPU or when THQ was going out.

Borderlands 2, plus DLC and some skin packs and stuff, are the only thing ive bought. and im having a blast! i think now that im slowly moving away from Console gaming, ill finally have more time to play all these games ive got haha.,