ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

My feedback

Ladez

In keeping with the spirit of this subforum, here's some feedback for you on recent developments.

Now that I've had about six weeks to think about it, watching as things unfolded, I've concluded that deleting my mods was the right choice.

You removed a vital function of your hosting service behind your users' backs, and left people to stew on the forum before giving an announcement. You knew this would be controversial. I know it. Everyone knows it. This was a deceptive, underhanded move to prevent as many users as possible from bailing with their content. The same can be said for updating your terms of service without notice. Don't try to justify it.

Your explanation makes no sense and your lack of compromise on the matter is completely out of character. Makes me feel that something else entirely is at play here, and I want no part of it.

It's a shame. Collections actually sound kind of nice. Holding mods uploaded under different terms hostage, not so much.

If you'd been honest from the start and listened to feedback, there's a good chance I'd still play ball, but your actions in the past weeks have demonstrated without failure that you're not a trustworthy player in this game anymore.

That is all.

One thing that always bugs me about these responses...

You do realize "Listen to feedback" and "Change things the way I want them to" are not synonymous right? I'm pretty sure they listened, they just didn't go ahead and change what they were doing because you didn't like it.

One thing that always bugs me about these responses...

You do realize "Listen to feedback" and "Change things the way I want them to" are not synonymous right? I'm pretty sure they listened, they just didn't go ahead and change what they were doing because you didn't like it.

it is not about "you do not like it". he speaks for so many many people at least i know and someone must live on another planet to ignore this and what actually happened. it is not about that things have changed it is about the way the things have been changed.

i don't know anyone apart of blinded mod collection freaks and "mod packs are the future" tellers who say what happened to mod authors was the way to do it.

a way that is surprising and irritating for many people who know nexusmods more than just a few days. a way which inevitably supports publicly splitting the community in an unhealthy way.

but i must admit that my point of view (nexus is my trusted modders home) maybe was a bit too naive. seems that some others are not as much surprised as me.

i don't know anyone apart of blinded mod collection freaks and "mod packs are the future" tellers who say what happened to mod authors was the way to do it.

That would be like me saying "I don't know anyone apart from control freaks, and drama queens who think what is happening is bad". If I were to say that legitimately, as if I really believed it instead of as an example, wouldn't that bother you? If so, realize that is the kind of argument you just made. It's belittling other people's views by placing a label on them so it's easier to ignore their arguments and act as if they are less important. It's essentially an ad hominem combined with a bit of condescension. It's also an oxymoron because it's equivalent to saying "I don't know anyone who disagrees with me except for those who disagree with me".