[LE] Sticking non-static things to static objects?

Dyiing

Sorry for the weird vague title, I can't come up with anything that makes more sense lol.

Basically I am wanting to "stick objects through other objects". For example, a dagger to the wall, or a pickaxe in rocks. Whenever I try to do this, the object just pops out and falls on the ground. I've tried at least 10 different positions and none seem to help. This is recreated in the vanilla game a lot, but when I try and copy those cells it doesn't work :/

Is there some sort of toggle that I'm missing? Thanks!

When adding the dagger select the box "Don't Havok Settle". It should stay put until interacted with. You might also try some default scripts like DefaultDisableHavokOnLoad. Possibly on the dagger or on the wall it's stuck in.

Until you go out and come back in ... then it will just fall. The way I did things like this was to make them static. It's as simple as grabbing something static (easy enough). Place it down then rename the base. Yes, to make a new item. Now you have your own custom static item. Edit the item you want to be there and copy it's .nif path to the mesh used with Ctrrl+C. Then with Ctrl+V paste that in the new static item you just made. Now you have a custom static item with a custom mesh. Place that anywhere you wish and it will never move. You will need to add a .bsa to your mod after this. But that is super easy and this is more than powerful mojo!

• 3 weeks later...

When adding the dagger select the box "Don't Havok Settle". It should stay put until interacted with. You might also try some default scripts like DefaultDisableHavokOnLoad. Possibly on the dagger or on the wall it's stuck in.

Thanks, for some reason the box was not toggled, I probably forgot to save :D