DDoS season begins, sites a little bit unstable

Dark0ne

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #8465430. #8465564, #8465583, #8466047, #8466128, #8466371, #8466898, #8466919, #8467109, #8467154, #8467580, #8467582, #8467657 are all replies on the same post.

The point is that security depends(strictly) from your behavior......
If you don't use p1rate program's and you are very careful about with your browser activity....you will not have problems....
So i recommend you :
1/security essential(ok isn't good at live security but is very good in scanning)...
2/windows(vanilla) firewall....
3/Firefox with Ad block plus and RequestPolicy, at least....(and NoScript is very good...but
browsing became very tedious).
or chrome
4/And finally..... you can install(time to time....say for example, every 6-8 month) the beta versions of very good antivirus....to make a full scan....

This is the plan that i use for a long time with very good results......

Yeah, whenever I hear of a site being DDoSed, I have no idea why someone would do that.

For servers I can slightly understand, because some people do it out of competition, but there is no excuse for DDoSing an innocent site such as this.

Uninstalling your old A/V will most likely leave files behind, check their website for a removal application and follow the directions. This will ensure that everything is cleared out and won't interfere with your new A/V.

Thanks for the heads up. It's a pain in the butt but at least I know now why I get the 502 at certain times of day. Wish those holidays were over soon........!

But I still don't understand why!

In response to post #8467923.

People DDoS usually because they don't like a site, a service, or insert random pointless reason here. For the Nexus it's already known there's some people who don't like the site for whatever reason be it the moderators, the owner, or rules they just can't agree with so they try to trash the website and force it offline. It's absolutely stupid and a waste of time but they apparently have nothing better to do than attacking the Nexus instead of moving on to other things.

And actually, the Nexus does have some competition. There are other websites that host gaming mods and the Nexus here hosts a wide array of games. The difference? If it wasn't for this site I doubt I'd have ever tried Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3 (Partially owed due to watching Gopher's LP videos.), or Dragon Age. I'd rather come here than someplace else for my modding needs.

Guest deleted3441513
New Vegas was like $2 on the steam summer sale and I assume a lot of people come here in search for mods so hopefully the issues will be sorted soon.