DDoS season begins, sites a little bit unstable

Dark0ne

In response to post #8472159. #8473131 is also a reply to the same post.

sadly it's nearly impossible to use this side atm, very difficult to give support to my downloaders when i get 502 every 2nd click...
what the hell could we do to STOP this or help Nexus?

it's really making be insane

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #8474043.

A distributed denial of service attack (DDoS) is when several computers flood the bandwidth and resources of one or more web servers. Basically, they flood the servers with traffic until they can't take it anymore and they become unavailable to the intended users because the servers' maximum number of connections has been reached.

the Last few days are Pretty bad trying to find mods and see what are New mods.

I keep getting the Error 502 Bad connection, what a shame that people get there Kicks from doing this to people who just want to make people enjoy there game time more enjoyable.

The site isn't unstable, it is unusable. And I just became a supporter... It makes me wonder what my money is good for. There are ways to mitigate or manage such attacks and they require hardware and technical expertise. I'd encourage the administration staff to use their donations to make the site more reliable. This current state is unacceptable.

Why people would DDOS the nexus website(s) is beyond me....the nexus has the best fanbase and members in the world (My own opinion) and for it to be "Attacked" is just stupid. ( I of course use the term Attacked loosely because its not really an attack if it's done from kids computers...or as I like to call them "Potatoes"). Hope the nexus is around for 12 more years to come and that nobody is discouraged from the website due to this. Stay safe guys and Dark0ne if you need server side help i'm always here if ya need me ;)