underground elevator

bud9961

anyone know how i can get an elevator to work passing through ground level to a basement when i go down it just leaves me on the ground and the elevator keeps going. is there a tile that will get rid of ground or something i can check to let me pass through the ground as a non collision?

Edited by bud9961

Do you mean an elevator that "loads" into an interior cell?

Afaik, that would be the only way to make it work, but it sounds like that's not the case here, which also would imply this basement is actually part of the exterior world, instead of its own interior cell.

There's no way to 'punch a hole' into the ground so that's not going to work.

However, this does sound like something which should be done with a 'loaddoor' to get to the interior basement cell.

Even the vault 111 elevator, although it goes down into the ground, is nothing but a 'loaddoor' to get to the interior cell.

A good example of how to do that could be the ol' 'Build your own vault' mod. Which uses the vault 111 platform (which you can place anywhere within a bunch of settlements) to get down into the vaults. (without the part where you actually see the elevator go down, like with vault 111)

anyone know how i can get an elevator to work passing through ground level to a basement when i go down it just leaves me on the ground and the elevator keeps going. is there a tile that will get rid of ground or something i can check to let me pass through the ground as a non collision?

To summarize all the answers, unfortunately no. The ground is absolute, so you can't punch through it. You would have to place a loading elevator which would transition you to a separate interior cell. That cell would not be an extension to your settlement because they can't combine exterior and interior cells.

To place that elevator you'd have to use the CK. However, there are several mods which allow you to place an inworld load door giving you access to interior cells with their own workshops. You could take a look inside one to see how to create your own version, something placeable in build mode.

ok thanks for the reply's, i will try with teleport then i guess , from what i understand load doors are only for going to another cell and there are other teleport doors for going in same cell, guess will give it a try, i can prob just look at croup manor and do what they do, thanks again for the fast reply's, it was really close to working i could ride up the elevator just not down, seems like they could have made so it was possible

Edited by bud9961

it was really close to working i could ride up the elevator just not down, seems like they could have made so it was possible

The world is one sided lol You can't go down through it, but if you end up underneath you can go up.

In the CK just search for "load". There are several, pick the basic one. You'll need one on each side, then you link them together. It's pretty straightforward and easy to figure out. Just make sure to move the landing markers out in front of the doors or you might accidentally end up behind it instead of in front of it. This can be bad depending on where the door is located :)

There are also load elevators. I never seem to be able to get them to work, but that's probably just me doing something extremely wrong lol

Teleporting in the same cell...

No, that's not how it should be.

Although you might get it to work, its a far cry from how it should be done. You really should "transfer" your basement to its own interior cell and teleport to and from it, instead of building it straight under the worldspace ground.

Teleporting in the same cell...

No, that's not how it should be.

Although you might get it to work, its a far cry from how it should be done. You really should "transfer" your basement to its own interior cell and teleport to and from it, instead of building it straight under the worldspace ground.

Except if he does it this way he can include that basement in the settlement since it is still technically an exterior cell, and settlers can path through a load door (but not an elevator, brooms and buttons are beyond them.) I use a "same cell teleport" in my Vault 75 mod, a hidden load door, so that settlers can get between the gear room and the rest of the vault; normally they wouldn't be able to because they'd have to use an elevator. Works fine, they go up and down without problem.

Heck, if I was smart I'd just rip out the elevator and replace it top and bottom with an elevator shaped load door. Player would probably not even notice.

Heck, if I was smart I'd just rip out the elevator and replace it top and bottom with an elevator shaped load door. Player would probably not even notice.

I appreciate the simplicity of the prydewn vertibird load door so used that techinique a lot. Instead of immersive (aka wasting my time) one stop elevators with zero g floating followers, an elevator load door and a >ding< sound effect gets the job done for more action sooner. Ofcourse not suitable for an RPG immershunista audience if you care about comments.

I appreciate the simplicity of the prydewn vertibird load door so used that techinique a lot. Instead of immersive (aka wasting my time) one stop elevators with zero g floating followers, an elevator load door and a >ding< sound effect gets the job done for more action sooner. Ofcourse not suitable for an RPG immershunista audience if you care about comments.

Agree. I do sometimes like the elevator ride, but only if it serves a purpose like reinforcing the idea that it's a looooong way down. Then again if you've done it once that's enough. I actually cheat and use my hidden load door in 75 rather than use the elevator lol

Think I'll go back and create an update, get rid of the stupid thing and the decoration blocking invisible door (I had to put it somewhere, unfortunately that's a wall where most people would put a bench), replace them both with the one shot solution.