underground elevator

bud9961

Totally depends on the target audience: those who need crutches for 'murshun and those who dont and want to get on (the endless fort hagen exit elevator).

No "right" anwser just opportunity for complaints either way /totally jaded.

As for OP's intention to pass "through" the ground: There's the possibility of a scripted move, like ZAPR Console does.

And just to note: There is absolutely no issue with having both ends of a teleport inside the same cell.

The teleport itself is no issue, agreed. However, it's not quite correct to do so in order to access an interior space build under the surface of the exterior world space.

Then again, I won't stop anyone from doing so. Do whatever you wish. "your game, your mod, your rules". I wouldn't call it efficient though. :geek:

I wouldn't call it efficient though. :geek:

Big problem is going to be precom/vis. I'm having issues with the Mechanist's Lair right now because it turns out there's practically another cell's worth of cruft under the floors that the player will never see, leftovers from a rushed build that Bethesda never cleaned up. It's why performance is horrible there, even totally unmodded, and why even the vanilla vault has precom issues.

So that interior buried under the actual world ground? There are going to be issues generating precombines. And if you skip doing that you will likely see big FPS drops if you look at the ground, as in you can see the ground above that area, not looking straight down. To avoid that the basement needs to be WAY underground, beyond the character visibility range, and I doubt you can place things that far down.

However, it's not quite correct to do so in order to access an interior space build under the surface of the exterior world space.

It really depends on what the OP is trying to do. They didn't say.

There's nothing wrong with having a small underground area to house, for example, some generators for the outdoor settlement above it.

And it's perfectly fine to make this area accessible via load doors - Nothing wrong or inefficient about that.

But if OP is trying to have a full blown dungeon there, they would be better advised to move all that stuff to an interior cell, indeed.

Since ive done this quite a few times...

You can edit the terrain to create the basement but needs work to cover the vast hole..Like fake ground plats,concrete etc...and then you can have your elevator going down in the real world to keep it realistic without any loading screens etc...

You can see this in several of my mods where i basically hollowed out a large area and then covered up the hole in various ways...

You have to be be careful where you dig though because in some areas (usually close to hills and mountains you have LOD under the surface...

Ofc all the above is done in the CK...

One of my biggest underground mods was this one where i ran into LOD issues... (its very deep) but its all part of the external world... https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23105

The easy way to do it would be to create an internal cell and a loading elevator.... but i hate load screens :tongue:

I wouldn't call it efficient though. :geek:

Big problem is going to be precom/vis. I'm having issues with the Mechanist's Lair right now because it turns out there's practically another cell's worth of cruft under the floors that the player will never see, leftovers from a rushed build that Bethesda never cleaned up. It's why performance is horrible there, even totally unmodded, and why even the vanilla vault has precom issues.

So that interior buried under the actual world ground? There are going to be issues generating precombines. And if you skip doing that you will likely see big FPS drops if you look at the ground, as in you can see the ground above that area, not looking straight down. To avoid that the basement needs to be WAY underground, beyond the character visibility range, and I doubt you can place things that far down.

Did you check if that underground garbage isnt linked to another location? Thats what happened to me where the editor went and planted over 1500 objects from sanctuary to under Cambridge causing sanctuary to drop 50% of its frames..since it was probably loading the cambridge cell as well ...

As for OP's intention to pass "through" the ground: There's the possibility of a scripted move, like ZAPR Console does.

And just to note: There is absolutely no issue with having both ends of a teleport inside the same cell.

teleports are just moving from point a to b...being in the same cell shouldnt matter...What does matter is that it may reload the cell to do it...(havent tested it myself though since i would never use teleports like that.)