ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Automation Tools for TES5Edit - Suggestions Thread

matortheeternal

Suggestion here.

I think a database of all the alchemy properties and their common values would be very handy. I myself messed up with the magnitude and length of alchemy properties on my ingredients. Which made for overpowered game breaking potions. I would love to see a script to check all the properties on the ingredients, and make them equal with vanilla Skyrim values. I would gladly gather all the values for the properties, and I would also put them all into the script if a template was provided. I think this would be a very handy tool, as it could fix mods like Bugs 101 which is constantly said to have bad values.

Of course this seems like one massive script. So that's why I offer my help. :tongue:

Perhaps a more appropriately useful script would be one that lets you control all alchemy ingredients values from a single GUI, sort of like the reproccer clone I'm working on for Weapons/Armors.

I have an old feature request on Mod Organizer that I think you can help solve.

It would involve hooking into the MO Plugin API to get your xEdit processes exposed there for MO to use.

Possible uses would include assisting with plugin dependency graphing, helping MO figure out which assets are best to use, and supporting the clean MO style of merged mod life cycle. Specifically, the clear many-to-one relationship illustrated here between a merged mod (which behaves as a patch and partial replacement of assets), where the child merged mod has to be remade every time the parent sources are updated separately in MO.

Because MO provides what it does, xEdit Merge should work as an automated or user-guided process, where rebuilding a merged mod is triggered by the event of updating one of its sources. That requires MO to be aware of a special "merged mod" type, and to at least have access to an invocation of xEdit that will batch the job of reproducing the merger (or handing off to the user an xEdit instance preloaded for that).

I've been wanting to work on this sort of thing for awhile, messaged Tanin about it awhile ago. I'll see what I can do. I'll have to learn a lot to learn how to hook into MO's API.

For this there is a SkyProccer called Lootification.

<Mator doesn't like SkyProccer>

The main issue with Lootification, is that you have to make a custom XML for your own mod, and it doesnt even make those new changes to teh mod itself, but makes a 'patch' for it.

TES5EDIT can do what Lootification doesnt, with much better efficiency.... whenever that new Plugin is made that is ^_^;

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there, I was wondering if it would be possible to make something that distributes scripts over weapons and armor?

See, I'm working on a diablo themed enchantment mod that uses a script to enchant items.

I want to iterate over some enchanted items and do the following:

rename Them

remove their enchantments

remove their item descriptions

attach my script and fill in the properties for it

Unfortunately SkyProc doesn't have a function for the latter.

Is this feasible? If so, could you help?

Hey there, I was wondering if it would be possible to make something that distributes scripts over weapons and armor?

See, I'm working on a diablo themed enchantment mod that uses a script to enchant items.

I want to iterate over some enchanted items and do the following:

rename Them

remove their enchantments

remove their item descriptions

attach my script and fill in the properties for it

Unfortunately SkyProc doesn't have a function for the latter.

Is this feasible? If so, could you help?

Send me a PM with a detailed description of what you want to accomplish and I'll help you produce (and understand) a script to perform your intended functionality.

Edited by matortheeternal

• 4 weeks later...

Love this set of tools. Such brilliant work.

I've got a suggestion for something that could be useful for house mod authors looking to incorporate Hearthfire-style building.

For that the current method is essentially: create a misc. item, attach the building script to it, and make a construction recipe for it using the appropriate workbench. A larger home with more modularity and/or granularity might have 100+ constructible objects across 5+ workbenches.

It's a relatively easy process, but hugely tedious. A tes5edit script, even if it just created the misc. items and associated constructibles without attaching the script or assigning workbenches for them, could alleviate hours of work.

Love this set of tools. Such brilliant work.

I've got a suggestion for something that could be useful for house mod authors looking to incorporate Hearthfire-style building.

For that the current method is essentially: create a misc. item, attach the building script to it, and make a construction recipe for it using the appropriate workbench. A larger home with more modularity and/or granularity might have 100+ constructible objects across 5+ workbenches.

It's a relatively easy process, but hugely tedious. A tes5edit script, even if it just created the misc. items and associated constructibles without attaching the script or assigning workbenches for them, could alleviate hours of work.

Sounds like a useful tool.

This might seem really specific, but it would be SOOO helpful for me if you could make a TES5Edit script that could modify (replace entire part, or just add on) Object Window Filter on quests.

So, you could choose which quests to change based on if they had ____ in their editor ID, ____ in their actual name, or _____ in their Object Window Filter, or just the automatic "true" condition. (As well as stacking these conditions.) I imagine it'd be a bit like the renamer in terms of how the user inputs data. Then, you could choose whether you want to replace the entirety of the Object Window Filter - including anything already there, if nothing, just putting it in.

Something that would be cool as well, but not necessary, would be a script that would just add another level instead of replacing the entire thing. So if it already had:

Whiterun

In the Object Window Filter (CK changes that to Whiterun\ as soon as you press Okay on the quest), then you could choose to add Generic to it, and then it would be:

Whiterun\Generic\

If you wanted to add Generic and then the level Scenes onto that, then you would put (in the input box_:

Generic\Scenes

And then it would be Whiterun\Generic\Scenes.

So while that would be great, it would be completely, usefully functional with just the replace. If you could do this, you would be my hero. Else, I have to go through like 90 quests and add all these categories.

Thank you for all your scripts either way, they've already saved me a lot of time.

This might seem really specific, but it would be SOOO helpful for me if you could make a TES5Edit script that could modify (replace entire part, or just add on) Object Window Filter on quests.

So, you could choose which quests to change based on if they had ____ in their editor ID, ____ in their actual name, or _____ in their Object Window Filter, or just the automatic "true" condition. (As well as stacking these conditions.) I imagine it'd be a bit like the renamer in terms of how the user inputs data. Then, you could choose whether you want to replace the entirety of the Object Window Filter - including anything already there, if nothing, just putting it in.

Something that would be cool as well, but not necessary, would be a script that would just add another level instead of replacing the entire thing. So if it already had:

Whiterun

In the Object Window Filter (CK changes that to Whiterun\ as soon as you press Okay on the quest), then you could choose to add Generic to it, and then it would be:

Whiterun\Generic\

If you wanted to add Generic and then the level Scenes onto that, then you would put (in the input box_:

Generic\Scenes

And then it would be Whiterun\Generic\Scenes.

So while that would be great, it would be completely, usefully functional with just the replace. If you could do this, you would be my hero. Else, I have to go through like 90 quests and add all these categories.

Thank you for all your scripts either way, they've already saved me a lot of time.

It sounds like a good idea, I don't know how fast I could make it right now because the scope doesn't make much sense to me yet. I think it should be made and I'd like to make it, but I'm very busy at the moment (all AT work has been put on hold). If you PM me about this with a clearer list of requirements and maybe some screenshots I can see if I can tackle this soon. You could also talk to anyone else who has TES5Edit scripting experience. ThreeTen, Zilav, or fireundubh would all be good resources you could tap into.

Is there a script function to batch change paths? I moved my resources into a single folder and need to change several hundred records to point to the new folder, without changing the entire path, I just need to add a new folder name to the beginning of the path, everything else stayed the same.

This too, would be an awesome idea. It's something I had to do at one point as well. Though if you move the folder your textures are in you'll hvae to change all the NIF paths.