Automation Tools for TES5Edit - Suggestions Thread

matortheeternal

Hey mator,

I'd love to get my hands on your "QuickChange" script.

I'd like to be able to do something like select a bunch of NPCs and apply the same weight/hair/faction/etc. to them, seeing as doing it manually is taking foreveeeeer.

Any help would be great, thanks!

I haven't started working on that script yet, but I'll throw it together for you and send it to you, hopefully soon.

Will there be opportunity to select few items and enter new value, or damage/armor rating for them? If yes than I am really looking forward for this mod :smile:

Yes, that will definitely be possible.

My another suggestion would be to add function to multiply certain value. For example I select 30 armor pieces and multiply their value by 10. Well I'm asking this because I am currently working on the prices overhaul mod and so these tools would be very useful.

I'll make sure to find a way to support mathematical formula application to integer data when I make the Element Replacement script, thanks for the suggestion!

---

In related news:

The NPC Generator is just about done. Have some purply-stuff happening with tint layers, but I'll probably have that fixed by the end of the day.

Edited by matortheeternal

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again :smile:

Is it possible to make a script that can manipulate and combine the formlist records of several plugins, or perhaps import one formlist on top of the other, even if they both are on the same line?

Just as an example, if you look at this image1, you will notice that there is a formlist for 2 mods, but each has different records for the same items. Right now, if you merge the 2 plugins, one of the lists will simply overwrite the other, since they are for the same items.

I would like to be able to copy the formlist from one mod and paste it at the end of the formlist of the other, something like this image2.

Also, it would be great if the script can compare the formlist records of 2 mods or more, and then resort them to match the ones that are similar on the same line for all mods, and then move the ones that have no match to the end of each column, so the end result will be something like this: image3.

Also, one last thing is to be able to resort the formlists in alphabetical order and reverse alphabetical order.

I don't know if this is clear or feasible :tongue:

Edited by Treplos

hi treplos. I helped a guy make a formlist script a little while ago, only it was a little more complicated than that. I should be able to make what you requested no problem at all, but I may expand it to a more broad & useful script.

E.g.

For any list of elements, not just formlists, offer the following functions:

Allow for list merging

Order list to match records being overridden for matching list objects

If you can think of any other useful functions that would be useful on this same line of thought, let me know.

Edited by matortheeternal

Man, you are a wizard with this stuff. I really appreciate your work :smile:

Features I can think of (some we already suggested):

- list merging.

- check for matching records (with option to override original or keep original when merging/copying).

- copy unmatched records.

- compare matched/unmatched records and output into info window / text file.

- re-sort list in alphabetical order and reverse alphabetical order.

- find / search / replace / delete specific records in a list with any custom string.

- find / search / delete specific records in a list and replace with records from another list.

That's all I can think of right now, and maybe some are gibbrish :D

Edited by Treplos

haha :laugh: .. by "compare match/unmatched records and output into info window / text file" I basically meant a script that would sort a formlist, from something like this: Unsorted

to this Sorted,

which sorts the matching records on top, then lists the unmatched records after that, and then output the outcome into the message window or a text file, delimited or whatever you see fit.

Does that make more sense? :geek: :ermm: :blush:

Edited by Treplos

haha :laugh: .. by "compare match/unmatched records and output into info window / text file" I basically meant a script that would sort a formlist, from something like this: Unsorted

to this Sorted,

which sorts the matching records on top, then lists the unmatched records after that, and then output the outcome into the message window or a text file, delimited or whatever you see fit.

Does that make more sense? :geek: :ermm: :blush:

Then what is #2?

Either

a) I'm clueless and hopeless

or

b) Your list is very unclear. :|

Most probably my list is not very clear.. sorry :/ I will try to clear it a bit and make it more concise as I actually need lol Please tell me if this makes more/any sense.

I basically have 2 (or more) mods with Formlists that are messy, and I am trying to clear those lists up and perhaps combine them, either into one of the existing mods or into a new mod.

(1) Merge Script:

So this script would need to ...

Step 1 - Check all the records that are identical in both mods (matched records), and then sort them / move them to the top of both lists.

Step 2 - Check all the unique records that are only found in each mod (unmatched records), and sort them / move them to the bottom. I guess this would probably happen automatically because of Step 1?

Step 3 - Copy the unmatched records from one mod to the other (for example those not found in mod 1 will be copied from mod 2 into mod 1). It would copy them at the end of the list to avoid overwriting existing records.

Step 4 - The script should also be able to merge all matched records from mod 1 & 2, and all unmatched records in both mod 1 & 2 into a new mod. It would make sure to copy the unmatched records from mod 1 & 2 at the end of the list -after each other- to avoid overwriting existing matched records. Basically, it merges everything from mod 1 & 2: matched records would be on top, then unique records from mod 1, then unique records from mod 2 (or something like that).

(2) Output Script:

It will simply output matched/unmatched records into a text file, without making any changes to the mods themselves. It would list them as follows (or any way you see fit):

Matched Records:

XYZ

XYZ

Unmatched records (found in mod 1):

XYZ

XYZ

Unmatched records (found in mod 2):

XYZ

XYZ

(3) Sorting Script:

It simply re-sorts the records in alphabetical order or reverse alphabetical order. Since we can only select 1 record at a time (we cannot highlight a specific selection -- is there a way around that?) all the records in the formlist will have to be sorted.

This would be an alternative option of sorting the formlist instead of the initial one (from step 1) of having matched @ top and unmatched @ bottom (this matched/unmatched sorting could also have its own script or option).

(4) Find/Replace/Delete Script:

- find / replace / delete specific records in a list with any custom string.

- find / delete specific records in a list and replace with records from another list.

I hope this is clearer :blush:

Edited by Treplos