Automation Tools for TES5Edit - Suggestions Thread

matortheeternal

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An update on this project:

Full Name Manipulation Script (FNMS) -- Completed, tested by Treplos

It'd be cool if someone else would be willing to test this as well. It's a script for changing the FULL names of records.

Replace FormID -- Completed

I finally got around to completing this script. Turns out the solution was actually really easy, I just had to figure out how CompareExchangeFormID actually worked.

QuickChange -- Close to completion

This script seems to be working perfectly, but it'd be nice is someone could test it out for me. It's a versatile script meant to execute basic element editing/removal/creation operations. I may expand ElementByIndex operations, perhaps allowing the user to set the values of multi-value elements. I also need to do the formula-based replacement, as requested.

NPC Generator -- Almost done

This script is doing pretty good. I just recently started to figure out how tint layers work. It's a lot of grunt work to get the tint layers working 100%, but I'll have it done eventually.

QuickDisplay -- Needs some work

This script is pretty much working, but it could use some work. I need to find a way to support displaying all of the elements in a list, which should be pretty easy to pull off.

Armor Mod Builder -- Started

I've started the Armor Mod Builder script. I've gotten the early steps figured out, it'll probably be done by the end of the week, at the latest.

List Powertool -- Not yet started

This script will boast several functions for managing Formlists, and possibly other lists of elements.

--

ElementRemoval and ElementReplacement were incorporated into QuickChange.

Multiple-file Form Renumbering is already included in my Merge Plugins script.

I may end up skipping the Replacer to Standalone Armor Mod script, else incorporate it into the Armor Mod Builder script.

QuickFix is done, but I probably won't include it in the package.

Edited by matortheeternal

Hope you do not mind a silly question.

Can I take advantage of the "Replace FormID" script to essential create a "NPC appearance patch". Say...

- the base mod is an advanced AI follower mod (e.g., Vilja)

- I create a new esp with a new NPC but has the NPC attributes, name, and race the same as the target mod NPC.

- I use the "Replace FormID" scripts against the new esp and change all reference to the base mod NPC reference. Alft-F4 to generate face .nif & dds.

- Load the Base mod, then follow by the "appearance patch" mod.

Will my silly approach work? Or is it better to try the "merge esp with Tes5edit" approach?

Obviously, the usage is to allow some silly mod users like me to recycle our favorite (hot file!) pretty pretty follower NPC mod (but with zero personality) and use it as "appearance patch" against more advanced AI follower mod.

Sorry for asking. Many thanks.

Hope you do not mind a silly question.

Can I take advantage of the "Replace FormID" script to essential create a "NPC appearance patch". Say...

- the base mod is an advanced AI follower mod (e.g., Vilja)

- I create a new esp with a new NPC but has the NPC attributes, name, and race the same as the target mod NPC.

- I use the "Replace FormID" scripts against the new esp and change all reference to the base mod NPC reference. Alft-F4 to generate face .nif & dds.

- Load the Base mod, then follow by the "appearance patch" mod.

Will my silly approach work? Or is it better to try the "merge esp with Tes5edit" approach?

Obviously, the usage is to allow some silly mod users like me to recycle our favorite (hot file!) pretty pretty follower NPC mod (but with zero personality) and use it as "appearance patch" against more advanced AI follower mod.

Sorry for asking. Many thanks.

I'd be able to answer your question better if I understood it.

From what I can gather... you want to change the appearance of an NPC? I don't see why you'd need a script to do that... or how a script could help.

If you could make a little clearer exactly what it is you're talking about I'll be able to answer with more certainty. :)

Let's try the "explain by example" approach.

Let's say, I really like the look of "dumb" follower "Elendyl" (ID: 1) but love the features and personality of the "smart" fully voiced follower "Thorald-An idiot" (ID: 2). So, I want to try using the "Replace Form ID" script to change Elendyl's ID from 1 to 2. Then I use the following load order:

Thorald.esp

Elendyl.esp

...and yes, I am attempting to change the appearance of Thorald to make him looks like Elendyl.

Regarding the question of "why", many follower mods are created using 3rd party tool (e.g., Enhanced Character Edit), and is pretty much impossible to edit their face using only CK. If the swap ID approach work, then it will be a very simple way to create "face patch" of any follower mod.

Just an idea of course. Many thanks again.

Replace FormID looks through the elements of all selected records and replaces references of formID equal to user input 1 with the formID of user input 2.

From what little I know about NPCs, what you're trying to do is point DLBR (Dialog Branch) and QUST (Quest) records to a different NPC record. So you'd do something like this:

1. Renumber formID of all DLBR and QUST records from the "smart" follower mod.

2. Copy as new record all DLBR and QUST records from the "smart" follower mod into the "good looking" follower mod.

3. Replace all instances of FormID(SmartNPC) with FormID(PrettyNPC).

4. Profit.

On the surface, this looks possible. However, the limitations with record copying (specifically in regards scripts) will make this difficult to pull off with the larger, more advanced follower mods.

Edited by matortheeternal

I'd like to make another request.

As I understand all enchanted armors or weapons take their attributes from the unenchanted ones ("Template")... All attributes except value. So now I have a real problem because I have changed values of all unenchanted weapons and armors... But values for enchanted items are still same. So is it possible to make a script which would give all enchanted weapons and armors value of unenchanted? It would save me really much time :)