ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Fallout 4 LOD/Texture streaming issues. I've tried basically everything and I'm losing my mind.

HeyImJJ

Here's a short video of the issue

Â

Â

I've played this game for 700-ish hours and I've never seen such poorly loaded textures. It's almost as if there's no LOD transition and I'm going from 512 Potato to 4k HD. I feel like I'm going crazy. I've tried everything I could possibly think of including drastic measures such as a clean install.Â

Here's some things I've tried;

Â

Â

- Reinstalling mods

- Generating custom LODs for the mods being used

- Uninstalling mods to see if there's any change

- Tweaking ENB settings to force video memory

- Loading to older saves

- Raising uGridsToLoad

- Nuking and recreating INI'sÂ

- Using BethINI to reset INI'sÂ

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the game as well as nuking the original folder to make sure there's no left-over textures/meshes

- Running the game on a completely vanilla state with nothing additional to the game (This includes the omission of things like F4SE)

- Running the game completely Vanilla on multiple separate save files

- Updating drivers

Â

I mean honestly I don't know what to do at this point. I've spent hours trying to solve this to no avail. If anyone could try and help, that would be amazing.Â

Specs:

i5 6core 11th gen Coffee Lake

2070 Super 8GB

16GB Ram

Game and mods loaded to SSD

did you try this ?

fallout4.ini general

bAllowTextureFallback=0

bForceUpdateDiffuseOnly=0

iTextureUpgradeDistance1=7500

iTextureUpgradeDistance0=5000

iTextureDegradeDistance1=7500

iTextureDegradeDistance0=5000

or at least quad size the standard values

if you use enb set available vram in enblocal.ini to 8192 or 12288 or 16384

do not use 10240 or 6144 if you encounter texture load problems! (if you have that much or even more)

i also offer a mod which includes my ini files tested on 2080ti and 4k. works nice without your problems.

• 1 year later...
update in march 2023. this problem is not a topic anymore for me (but for others as i see in my mod threads) with 4k res since i use the above settings with 16 GB fast vram, enough ram, a fast nvme ssd and a good working memory cache.
but it depends also on other ini settings regarding loading game resources and the amount of bsa packed mods and the amount of mods with very big textures that have to be streamed.

if you generate your individual distant lod and dyndolod be aware to chose a reasonable texture size to keep texture load within limits of your hw!

check also aa and af driver and game settings" and if they work! they can be the reason for too much nasty blur or aliasing artifacts.

• 11 months later...
On 8/23/2021 at 4:25 PM, xrayy said:

if you use enb set available vram in enblocal.ini to 8192 or 12288 or 16384

do not use 10240 or 6144 if you encounter texture load problems! (if you have that much or even more)

How come?

On 4/23/2023 at 7:33 PM, xrayy said:
update in march 2023. this problem is not a topic anymore for me (but for others as i see in my mod threads) with 4k res since i use the above settings with 16 GB fast vram, enough ram, a fast nvme ssd and a good working memory cache.
but it depends also on other ini settings regarding loading game resources and the amount of bsa packed mods and the amount of mods with very big textures that have to be streamed.

if you generate your individual distant lod and dyndolod be aware to chose a reasonable texture size to keep texture load within limits of your hw!

check also aa and af driver and game settings" and if they work! they can be the reason for too much nasty blur or aliasing artifacts.

I know it's a bit late, but would you mind sharing your other ini settings wrt loading game resources?