Climbing rope/ladder/etc?

hucker75

With today's knowledge of havok, this is unrealistic. First, there is no one-piece hkx loop for this kind of animation in mixamo. How do I dock all the furniture idle - rope? Second ... Furniture is not the way to go. It can be assigned to a settler, or an event can be created for such an assignment. But then the settler will climb the tightrope in a loop with no specific meaning ... For sporting purposes? He will not climb along it to a specific place. Will play the exit animation, will be in the same place where he entered the animation. The only thing you can try for the sake of experiment ... is to find third-party animation among mixamo. Not a rope. Some other. One where the bones at the beginning and end of the animation are at a significant height. Make this animation idle to exit. Then, after exiting the furniture animation, the npc can "fall" onto the previously prepared geometry. The height of the main climbing animation, the height of the exit animation, and the height of the treehouse geometry. All three heights must match.

But still, the NPC does not "know" that using that furniture is like a "door".

You would have to make that animation part of a "door", because NPCS use doors if they want to get from place to place, not furniture.

With today's knowledge of havok, this is unrealistic. First, there is no one-piece hkx loop for this kind of animation in mixamo. How do I dock all the furniture idle - rope? Second ... Furniture is not the way to go. It can be assigned to a settler, or an event can be created for such an assignment. But then the settler will climb the tightrope in a loop with no specific meaning ... For sporting purposes? He will not climb along it to a specific place. Will play the exit animation, will be in the same place where he entered the animation. The only thing you can try for the sake of experiment ... is to find third-party animation among mixamo. Not a rope. Some other. One where the bones at the beginning and end of the animation are at a significant height. Make this animation idle to exit. Then, after exiting the furniture animation, the npc can "fall" onto the previously prepared geometry. The height of the main climbing animation, the height of the exit animation, and the height of the treehouse geometry. All three heights must match.

But still, the NPC does not "know" that using that furniture is like a "door".

You would have to make that animation part of a "door", because NPCS use doors if they want to get from place to place, not furniture.

I dropped tutorial of vader666. There's a way to bind idle to sequence annotations via behavior extra data. This is probably just as possible for a type of object like a door. But, if everything is completely assembled in 3d max, then you will have to use a rig, and all havok tools for working with bones that come with packages for bones for 2015 max, but in 2013 max. It will be necessary to project all the ready-made packages for 2013 max and specifically deal with kinematics. In general, the "tree house" will take too much time and effort. Edited by South8028

Well, the game has no way to make NPCs know "if I want to get from here to there, I need to play this animation of climbing the ladder first".

Just "moving from here to there with a teleporting door" works fine, but not with an animation "in between".

All those "other interesting animations" (if you know what I mean) are not dynamic, as in, they don't have to do with moving around of NPCs in the world ...

NPCs do an animation of opening a door, so why not climbing a ladder?

Well, the game has no way to make NPCs know "if I want to get from here to there, I need to play this animation of climbing the ladder first".

Just "moving from here to there with a teleporting door" works fine, but not with an animation "in between".

Â

Â

All those "other interesting animations" (if you know what I mean) are not dynamic, as in, they don't have to do with moving around of NPCs in the world ...

Â

NPCs do an animation of opening a door, so why not climbing a ladder?

Because there is no such animation, it will have to be done from scratch. More precisely, five animations for 2 sequences. You need to make a rope, and animate the bones that climb up, and their reverse down. +4 animations for entering and exiting above and below. If there were such ready-made hkx, then with torment, but, probably, one could use them and assemble such a "door" in a couple of weeks of half-blind poking.

In my readings, I saw reference to something called Havok Behavior Tool. I saw a few tutorials on youtube which got me to thinkinbg that it might have utility in creating those transition animations.

I have no patience to animate these bones. I have a general idea of ââhow to do this ... But I want to enjoy creativity, and not engage in masochism. The folks at LL (currently only two people with superhuman patience out of all bone animators) spend many weeks, sometimes months, on each 10-second f*#@ing animation. And this despite the fact that they do not experiment, but know exactly each step. In general, fo4 is not a game in which I want to animate bones.