Modder Migration (mod user, not a creator)

Yoshilel0203

So I've finally noticed what's been going on in the Nexus. The be honest Nexus is in the wrong in this debate and I'm willing to argue my case elsewhere but I just want to know as an average user, where are the mod authors going? without the modders i don't see much point staying here until, i hope, Nexus changes its mind on their stance.

A few hundred people deciding to move to other sites (many of which also don't delete comment so that's amusingly ironic) is hardly a migration when the total count of mod authors here is over 100k, a large number even if you slash it in half to account for inactive and whatever else. Those that didn't like the changes left for other sites, those that wanted to stay stayed and everything is moving on just like before and surprise-surprise, the skies aren't falling on us and nexus is nowhere near ending.

And nexus isn't changing anything so it's time to accept the new situation and move on with whatever decision each person makes.

• 5 weeks later...

While I vehemently disagree with the policy, it is now a matter of fact, and isn't going to change. This is playing out exactly as I predicted. A few days/weeks of outrage, then, nothing...... The policy remains in place, and Nexus goes on as before. Some folks will stay gone, but, not enough to make any difference in Nexus policy decisions at all. Mod Users boycotting the site will have exactly zero effect. With 22 million (probably more now) members, even 10,000 of them leaving the site simply won't be noticed.

Welcome to the "New" Nexus, where money trumps everything, including mod author rights.