Vault 101's "experiment"

GrammerAngel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's probably something hidden somewhere.

I se many of you have stated that the vault was never supposed to be closed, but if you take a look at the Overseers' computer during the quest where you return to the Vault, you'll see that the vault was opened, and they even had ambassadors in Megaton. They closed the doors after you and James (dad) came. It's also written on the computer that the Enclave tried to gain access to the Vault, wich may explain why it was closed and why the Overseer didn't want it to be opened.

This still doesn't answer the question though.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps Vault-Tec is still secretly active? It would be interesting to find out that they had a second series of hidden 'real' vaults made and that 'VaultTec' are keeping secret surveillance going in all of the experimental vaults. Then they could learn from the experiments but still have people, settlers of a new world, surviving in the long term.

Could form the basis of a whole new mod!?

I kinda feel like I'm the only one who goes to the fallout wiki. I mean... doesn't anyone know that the enclave had access to monitoring equipment that covered at least the west coast vaults? That's how they found Vault 13. They knew it would have baseline humans 'cause it was a control group (unlike what that guy said earlier about it being one of those vaults that dealt with stress due to equipment failure) hell, the whole reason the vault dweller was kicked out at the end of fallout 1 was 'cause he threatened the purity of the control scenario.

what I wanna know is "Why is Washington so special?" Over in California you're lucky to find 3 vaults in various states (and one fake one if you get duped) but in the D.C wastes you're practically tripping over the damn things.

I also agree with the guy who said that the 101 experiment failed when the second overseer spread the secret. it turned into a study of peoples response lo a lack of hope for anything different to a Santa Clause scenario where the elders dupe the kids.

washington is where Vault-Tec's main HQ is located

but I don't quite see them planning these elaborate experiments, that would only be run in th even of nuclear war, in which case they wouldn't be able to see the results (most likely)

also.....

shouldn't there have been some sort of government oversight?

of course the government had bigger things to worry about just before the bombs dropped, but the vaults seemed to have been built when things were more stable

and where did the Enclave come from?

I think a terminal said something like "technology that the Enclave didn't manage to grab before the war" that may not be true.....

but it seems odd that they could arise in about two hundred years, when technology and western civilization seem to have spiraled downward so much

I'm ranting

back to Vaults

the Vault-Tec HQ's mainframe was the most disappointing thing ever

it just had the locations of the vaults

not even info on what said vaults did

and what happened to the midwest?

why isn't there any mention of them?

and why didn't the Vault-Tec HQ have the locales of all the vaults nationally, not just regionally?

and why is there no mention of the Tibbets prison, it was a huge government contract that seems to be totally overlooked by Vault-Tec records

and did it have a purpose like the civilian vaults?

was reading on the Fallout wiki about ZAX

a Vault governing AI

then WTF are Overseers doing if ZAX should have been in place?

and why are there so many DC vaults, but only about one per major city everywhere else?

The enclaves original plan was to colonize a different planet, the vaults were to see if the average American could survive "catastrophic systems failure" Ala the vaults. The Enclave were to pick up the Dwellers later to take to mars or something

Info from the vault wiki.