How many of you use hardcore mode?

gunslinger6792

Do you use hardcore mode?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Hardcore Mode

• Yes
    • No

I tried playing very hard without hardcore and it was to easy. As been stated it adds much more depth and strategy. So very hard + hardcore is the only setting I can play on now. The downside is melee and unarmed builds are pretty much useless unless you have god weapons, etc,. Speaking of which a melee and unarmed mod that modifies the effectiveness of them on hardcore would be great!

Edited by DaemonGrin

I do, it makes the game much more fun. Vanilla hardcore isnt even that hard really, it just gives me another connection with my character and worry about his needs more then just oops he got shot.

Part of the reason for this as Nivea mentioned my house mods seem to have to much free stuff for hardcore users. That made me wonder how many people play in hardcore mode. I'm begining to see that more people play in hardcore than I thought. I'll try to adjust any future mods accordingly.

As I stated in your thread gunslinger, Very Hard + Hardcore + PN's Rebalance module isn't enough for me. I needed to further configure the game to make harder than that. One such idea was taken from JE Sawyer's mod where I created Expired Stimpacks (heal much less) and Homemade Stimpacks (made by the workbench recipe and work like healing powder but affected by Medicine and count towards Stimpack challenges) and favoured those above Fresh Stimpacks (which now do only half the healing).

And unarmed/melee builds are still viable with decent enough armour but you'll need to dose on plenty of chems and Battle Brew if you want to go up against Deathclaws. I even created a strategy for killing the Acidic Larvae from Monster Mod (NOTE: you will have to run up to it and use the Ranger Takedown move or punch it with boxing gloves/tape but once that part's over, whittle down its health and let poisoned weapons do the rest, then it will die without exploding). Going unarmed is a LOT of fun.

A final note: I can't play without ammo weight. Missiles, RPGs and Mininukes should never be weightless.

Edited by GimmeBackMyMoney

As I stated in your thread gunslinger, Very Hard + Hardcore + PN's Rebalance module isn't enough for me. I needed to further configure the game to make harder than that. One such idea was taken from JE Sawyer's mod where I created Expired Stimpacks (heal much less) and Homemade Stimpacks (made by the workbench recipe and work like healing powder but affected by Medicine and count towards Stimpack challenges) and favoured those above Fresh Stimpacks (which now do only half the healing).

And unarmed/melee builds are still viable with decent enough armour but you'll need to dose on plenty of chems and Battle Brew if you want to go up against Deathclaws. I even created a strategy for killing the Acidic Larvae from Monster Mod (NOTE: you will have to run up to it and use the Ranger Takedown move or punch it with boxing gloves/tape but once that part's over, whittle down its health and let poisoned weapons do the rest, then it will die without exploding). Going unarmed is a LOT of fun.

A final note: I can't play without ammo weight. Missiles, RPGs and Mininukes should never be weightless.

I'm going to have to try out hardcore again. I tried it once and hated having companions die permanently though.