Bards, Barding, and Speechcraft

threefoldmind

Anyway, I got it working, just had to reinstall it.

Make sure you get USKP as well, and if you are using a keyboard and mouse, SkyUI. They are on the Nexus.

There are also Unofficial patches for all the DLC if you have those.

~.~

And you will!

Patience, Grasshopper...

You will only have songs in the Sound folder if you have custom songs or have downloaded Bard song replacers, such as:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\Sound\Voice\BardSoundsMalukah.esp\FemaleEvenToned

There aren't any sound files with Play and Bash. In order to play a song you must equip a crafted FINE instrument and it will start a default song, unless you have replaced them with Malukah's versions.

You can also find songbooks which must be read like a book to play a particular song. Open the book in inventory, close it and you should start playing.

With Become a Bard, you have a new Shout power as long as you have a VANILLA instrument in inventory. Favourite this shout power, use the shout and start to play. These songs are in the Bards&Merchants.bsa

~.~

Okay gunna just stick to play and bash right now for simplicity. It tells me to put my xmw or what ever formatted for skyrim music I have in the (<YourSkyrim>\Data\Sound\Fx\Mus\Bard\PlayableInstrumentsCustom\) well mine goes (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\sound) and from there its just my add ons. I also have (C:\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data) but it has not sound files or anything so idk. So I followed a tutorial saying that if I get the fallout 3 MM I can open the bsa pull the music out and add the music to the file and then copy and paste it into the skyrim folder and all will be well.... sadly this is incorrect. I tried playing my Enigmatic song book and nothing happened. Isabella just looked at it like "dafuq is dis".

Still havent found the Common Songs of Skyrim, but my gf showed me a way and now I just need to fight undead with an illusionist pascifist character to get it.

And before you assume I skipped steps or anything, the files are all properly named, and all in xmw format as converted by SkyrimAudioConverter.

Play and Bash doesn't have any sound files with it, but if you are trying to use custom songs with the enigmatic songbook, they can be found in any noble's house in chests.

But they have to go in

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data\Sound\Fx\Mus\Bard\PlayableInstrumentsCustom

as it says. That's why it won't work, because the scripts are pointing there and you've put the songs 4 levels up! So if the directory structure is not there, CREATE IT.

~.~