my thoughts on religon

padin fain

This piece may be offensive to people strong in religion. These are the thoughts that course thru my mind. read at your own choice

The words of the priest ring loud. God is ever loving and ever powerful. People ask of him because they are scared and weak we must learn to depend on ourselves not on just god he is like a kind parent and we are learning to walk if he helps then we will be dependent on him like an old man is on his walker. Not do what is needed of him. It is basic human necessity to want a greater being to worship and love to give you strength thru the hard times. The universe is a great expanding object? No something must have started it all. The theory is that there was a big bang. But even for a bomb there needs to be a fuse. Right? Maybe god’s work was the hand that light the fuse? He didn’t create the earth it’s self but the universe. Leaving us to our own devices? If the devil wanted power and was willing to kill god then why didn’t got destroy him utterly? The devil was proud? He forget who started it all? He wanted power so badly he was willing to destroy his father, his mother our immortal father, mother? What would happen if god died? Why are we here? A question that has been here for all time. Why. We make of ourselves what we want. God doesn’t approve or disapprove? The murders and killers who take away his children. We are connected to god? Maybe he knows and approves or disapproves? But if he tells us then we will force others to our way? Maybe he tried many times on different religions? Gave up? Realized we must find him in ourselves, some Christian, Mormon, Islam, Hindu all look to their leaders to save them to protect them form the evil. But is the evil in our own hearts? In Christianity that is called original sin. Because Adam and eve disobeyed god he thru them out of the garden of Eden. Is that garden in another world? Will we find it? Back to the devil in this shambled piece that is my mind written down. God could have destroyed him bent us toward his will making us think that it our own. Saved us pain and hurt. Could make us immortal? He could have made us powerful to travel thru time. Why make us evil? If he is all loving all forgiving why not forgive Adam and eve for eating the fruit he told them not to. Was this what our ancestors did to piss god off so much that he forsook us? He loved them trusted them, does he do the same now? He has holy commandants state that killing is most heinous yet can be forgiven. Yet eating a single fruit brought us down out of god’s graces? My CCD teacher once said that trying to understand god was like a dim waited puppy trying to understand Geometry. I am trying to do that. All religions almost always contradict each other except those from the same root. Most say there is one god others say many one says be peaceful let yourself be killed. Better to die then to kill another. Others say spill there blood. Yet to say that there god is better then the other is strange. If the god who would rather die then be killed, wouldn’t he be killed by the god who wishes blood to be spilled. How can this be? I am writing from only a Christian point of view. I only know of what I hear on the news and what I have gotten from my friends. My age might affect my thoughts but I think not. (I will continue to write like this until I can quell these thoughts) I am not done I hope my writing has made you think.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job........... have a snickers bar. Um, dont forget the atheistss buddy, seems liek we got left out or something :bye:

Oh yeah and you forgot the Jewish relegion by the way.........................

Im gonna go watch scary movie 3 now. That movie fortifies my belief that there is no god :P

(are you gonna be a preecher by chance?)

1) I don't see what you're trying to debate here.... please post a specific question or issue to debate. Do you even have one?

2) As postaldudeleo said, you're forgetting both non-christian/jewish/islam religions and atheists. There's a lot more beliefs out there than just the three you discuss. And they don't all have the concepts that you assume as fact. So you can't just assume that "religion" is restricted to the terms you try to discuss it in.

3) "All religions almost always contradict each other except those from the same root."

Of course they do. You have three religions with a similar historical origin, and then many more without it. Of course you're going to have contradictions outside the three. But that's not a problem... not all religions (if any) are correct. The contradictions can be resolved by simply proving one of them correct, and then giving the others the appropriate fiction/myth label.

1) I don't see what you're trying to debate here.... please post a specific question or issue to debate. Do you even have one?

2) As postaldudeleo said, you're forgetting both non-christian/jewish/islam religions and atheists. There's a lot more beliefs out there than just the three you discuss. And they don't all have the concepts that you assume as fact. So you can't just assume that "religion" is restricted to the terms you try to discuss it in.

3) "All religions almost always contradict each other except those from the same root."

Of course they do. You have three religions with a similar historical origin, and then many more without it. Of course you're going to have contradictions outside the three. But that's not a problem... not all religions (if any) are correct. The contradictions can be resolved by simply proving one of them correct, and then giving the others the appropriate fiction/myth label.

how are you gonna proof that god exist ?

a priest has been given way to much power then he needs he can decide if you are going to hell or heaven (he can forgive your sins)

if a jewish god existed why didnt he do anything about the execution of 19 million jews in the 2nd worldwar

if a crhistian god existed why is LEGION/beezlebub/satan/devil/lucifer still alive ?

did you know that lucifer means the enlighted one and that in the original bible jesus was reffered to as the enlighted one ?

if the moslimic jihad is a holy war for moslims why are there so many wars where moslims fight eachother and then call it a jihad .

and then the big question how come we dont know where we come from i mean a rock isnt some thing that evolves in a human (thru many millions of years in evolution)

iam sorry if i offended any one in any way this is not ment to be offensive

a priest has been given way to much power then he needs he can decide if you are going to hell or heaven (he can forgive your sins)

Remember, a priest is working for God, so God can forgive your sins, not just a priest.

if a jewish god existed why didnt he do anything about the execution of 19 million jews in the 2nd worldwar

Jews worship the same God as Catholics. These religions have their origins in the same area, it is just their interpretation of events that shaped their beliefs.

With the human power of choice, everyone can decide their own actions. Hitler for example made his choices and the rest of the world decided to stop him. Hopefully the power of choice would make people good, but inevitably some people are corrupted by it.

if the moslimic jihad is a holy war for moslims why are there so many wars where moslims fight eachother and then call it a jihad .

It's the same reason that there are terrorists. Uneducated people who have lost loved ones and are young and easily corrupted are fed a wrong interpretation of the Koran. They believe that what they are doing is right and will die for it, also known as fanatasism (don't know if I spelled that right). These groups are highly motivated and there seems to be an abundance of people who have suffered a tragedy in that area. Don't forget Catholics had their holy wars too, Crusades and such.

if a crhistian god existed why is LEGION/beezlebub/satan/devil/lucifer still alive ?

I look at nature for this one. It's all about balance. Everything in the world or universe is balanced. Yin and Yang right. If there is no evil there can never be good.

That's all I have to say for now, maybe more to follow later.

By the way I'm agnostic, in case you couldn't tell.

if a christian god existed why is LEGION/beezlebub/satan/devil/lucifer still alive ?

Wait... You're giving an argument why god doesn't exist by asking why another divine being still exists?

read this site.

http://thenazareneway.com/

i'll never make a comment about this.

Yeah, we definitely know that chrisianity exists, but thanks for trying to clear that up. We don't want a bunch of books as proof of a divine being. Doesn't work. You guys already tried that.

My CCD teacher once said that trying to understand god was like a dim waited puppy trying to understand Geometry.

I love this quote because it is a very typical answer that is used to brainwash young people into blindly believing that their religion is correct.

The Bahai is a neat religion that tries to incorporate all aspects of other religions into one. Check it out.

I think it's good, padin fain, that you are trying to explore religion. Keep an open mind and you'll find what works for you.

Archived