how many people are still playing morrowind?

JazzBlack

I still play it. It is one of my favorites games. Hey does anyone know how to to turn rar. files into esp files?

> .rar files are packages just like .zip files.

You need software that can unpack them for you. I purchased WinAce to unpack .rar files back when Morrowind was in it's infancy. I got the Bladeshouse and Winace was required to open it. :wallbash:

Google .rar and see what software is available online which you may prefer.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I count as someone who 'still' plays it because I've only just started really hehe.

I've had it for a while, but I just never played it much. First my disk cracked sometime in between changing computers and installing everything. Then, when I got another copy I got Mass Effect at the same time and...ME won out there. So, I'm really new to Morrowind. Loving it so far though.

I played for along time. Then computer crashed Lost everything after I got it working again I had other games to play. I added it back to my computer played it from time to time. I've gotten bored with other games and have come back to playing Morrowind. Just something about it that keeps pulling me back.

I just started playing again about 2 weeks ago. For some reason, I loved Oblivion, but I always come back to Morrowind. Morrowind feels like a world where I am not at the center, I am merely exploring it and playing a very small part of something bigger.

I think the Dwarven ruins really just ban me away, they are there, there scant information, yet they are appealing and make me want to find out more. There are so many areas like that that are so far removed from the central quest. Just boppin along and finding something and, even though I'll probably get slaughtered, I have to check it out. I'm not as interested in fighting as I am exploring, I guess.

Now, with mods and graphics patches, it's better than ever.

Woah! What's that about graphics patches? Something to make Morrowind even better? I sometimes just gasp at the night sky when it's clear, and listen to the strange sound of the ashlands and the grasslands. If you get the settings and the gamma just right it really brings out the colours. Oblivion looks too cartoony for me.

So, where do I get these graphics patches?

Cheers

Woah! What's that about graphics patches? Something to make Morrowind even better? I sometimes just gasp at the night sky when it's clear, and listen to the strange sound of the ashlands and the grasslands. If you get the settings and the gamma just right it really brings out the colours. Oblivion looks too cartoony for me.

So, where do I get these graphics patches?

Cheers

aside from tesnexus a good site to find morrowind mods is http://www.elricm.com/nuke/html/index.php

Hey , i used to just play half life for years , made a 15+ levels for that , then found oblivion ... liked it at the time completed every quest i could find (loved the guilds), then went to FO3 but lost my savegame and my motivation, now im playing morrowind getting towards the end of the theives guild. I've also started having modding attempts with morrowind, i made a few test files in balmora then got the hang of making quests, yesterday i started creating an island south off of the coast of the main island. I'm quite satisfied with it so far and am aiming to have all the interiors and a few touchups on the exterior complete by tomorrow, then i'll add the npc's and quests i've been scribbling ideas about. I'm just glad there is modding tutorials and a lively community around.

i would love to play morrowind again but it dose not work on vista i maybe wrong .....

i know you can pick up a copy from.

http://www.amazon.com

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk

only had it on the xbox but never got into it love Oblivion i still have it install on this pc :)

I have Vista Ultimate and MORROWIND works fine. I was playing it yesterday. After getting tired of playing an MMO. I was impressed that it gave me no trouble at a lvl 12 to move quickly enough out maneuver or escape those attacks which catch me off guard. I can sneak up on animals and defeat my enemies and run away in some cases if I find myself out numbered horrifically.

While the MMO I was playing even at a lvl 25 I am nixhound food if one of the other players who is only a lvl 12 in the MMO decides to practice their Gladiator, Assassin, Warrior classes skills upon my lvl 25 Mage for their entertainment.

I would recommend MORROWIND over it any day. For MORROWIND gives a bit more a realistic balance in game play. And the frustrations from having people in the MMO who suddenly decide to turn rogue and attack their own kind is really bad manners. The MMO also gives those other classes too much magicka which makes having a mage class seem pointless.

I will not mention the game title as it may cause other players who read this and are playing it too to find amusement in causing me to be another game day sacrifice to their sick God. At least after an attack from the Dark Brotherhood I found out that they existed and were an group who were out to destroy me for reasons that were not clear.

• 4 weeks later...

Personally I still think Morrowind had such an amazing atmosphere. Oblivion was fun and still had great atmosphere but I never got quite as immersed in it as Morrowind.

Also there seems to be alot more interesting mods for Morrowind. Btw if anyone can get hold of the portable tent mod I'd appreciate you posting a link as I lost it a long time ago. Cheers.