how many people are still playing morrowind?

JazzBlack

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just about done setting up mod's I haven't played yet due the conflicts some have with FC Mod's. I also downloaded another mod off the Internet of late, I intend to play, that is a complete Full Conversion, for, Morrowind.

I have been playing as I go. Tweaking the game settings. Installing tools to make the game mod's compatible. Timeslips' the acclaimed Morrowind Mod Manager < MWMM > to set the order of the *.esm, and *.esp, I added Aerelorns' Morrowind Enhanced < MWE > mods, with Timeslips' Morrowind Graphics Extender < MGE >.

I will be enjoying several mods that could not be played because of my old computer's low Random Access Memory < RAM > , and the various video card's, that were up to playing the standard settings in the GOTY game, but not ready for the huge mod changing everything from the leaf on a tree to adding a bunch of dragon flies, to GIANTS by pumaman. I had my own dragon to fly my character around Tamriel and could direct it to glide on the air slowly across the sky and watch as it soared overland to the various site to land. I enjoy the game so I watch the modder's club, and even try my hand at making a mod.

I enjoy the game and can tweak the mod's a little, once in, a great, while.

Been playing Morrowind since GOTY. Morrowind, while having an inferior combat and physics engine while having a much better UI and travel system, is imo 3x more immersive on its own than Oblivion. With the total sum of mods for both games out there today (including a VERY complete library of high poly models for almost every object in the game and texture replacers that exceed the stock textures of Oblivion), Morrowind vs. Oblivion is "6 one way and half-a-dozen the other". I'm running 100's of mods on Morrowind and about 50+ mods on Oblivion and with them both tricked all the way out it is truly for me just "Do I want to experience Vvardenfell or do I want to experience Cyrodill?" My advice to new Morrowind players is: take your time and really think about all the necessary things that need to be changed. There WILL be a mod for EVERYTHING! After that, download 100's of mods that simply add to the awesomeness of TES:III world. Edited by NismoTyler

• 2 years later...

I want to play Morrowind, since it must have a better spell system than oblivion, and far better quests and such.

Unfortunately, I can't buy it in stores, and I don't know anyone who has it. Anyone who did, and let me play it, I only was able to play for like 20 minutes or so.

Have you tried steam or GOG.com?

I want to play Morrowind, since it must have a better spell system than oblivion, and far better quests and such.

Unfortunately, I can't buy it in stores, and I don't know anyone who has it. Anyone who did, and let me play it, I only was able to play for like 20 minutes or so.

Have you tried steam or GOG.com?

You do know that you are replying to a 4 year old post, right? :P

• 8 months later...

I am!

Just started a new character, based on an earlier played guy: an Altmer spearfighter who also casts spells and can join every faction. I always have the urge to show builds, so here's a link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/913818-the-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind/68435984 :tongue:

edit: hmm, it just links to the board. The topic I mean is "My character".

Edited by Moredhel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm still playing to Morrowind, but mostly I do mods for it. :D

First Elder scrolls I have play, and it's my favorite. I never get tired of it.

• 3 weeks later...