Difficult to manually search for Mods

Daethz

It has taken me alot of searching to figure out how I can search for mods by typing in their name, which is easier than searching through tons and tons of files.

My Suggestion would be a easier or clearer path to a Mod Search bar, right now the only way i know how to get there is by clicking on Files directly and none of its dropdown listings.

A good way to do that might be adding "Manual Search" or somthing to the bottom of the dropdown list.

Go to the main page of the game for which you are searching. Look at the top of the page, next to "Install NMM", you will see "Search" with a symbol of a magnifying glass next to it. Left click on the word "Search" and the search function will open.

• 2 months later...

I have to agree on this.

No matter if we use the advanced options to search a mod, I find the search engine is not working 100%.

I often search for mods I have previously opened for some reason, and simply can't find them again. I use specific mod-related words that I know they exist in the mod description, but still they show up in the results.

My example:

In Skyrim mods page, I search for the mod Detailed Rugs. I know this mod has somwehere in the description, the words rugs and textures.

If I use both these words in the description contains... field, I get absolutely no results.

If I search with the words rug and textures, I get 3 different mods, but not the one I want.

If I use the words rug and texture, I get 1 more mod, but still not the one.

And If I try the last singular / plural word combo rugs and texture, then I get no results again.

Lastly, if I search Google with the words "Skyrim rugs texture", I get 10 pages of results, with the 1st link being the one I want. This one here, so you can check it out and see for yourselves:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29608/?

Just to be sure, I also searched with the words detailed rugs in the file name contains field, and it actually got it this mod as the only result. But I already knew the mod name, and most of the times we don't remember the mod name we're searching, not to mention when we're searching for a mod based on key words, regardless of their name, only for their content. I actually found this mod I told you about in another visuals mod that recommended the Detailed Rugs mod.

Thanks for reading!