Aaand... for those wowsers who claim that "Skimpy" Armor is not Lore Friendly....

Brett41

The Picts of Scotland were doing this 2 to 3 Millenia Ago.....

Couple of fairly obvious logic fails here:

1. She's not wearing any armour at all, let alone skimpy armour;

2. How is real-world history relevant to the lore of a fantasy game?

I see examples of #2 every now and then in the comments section of mod pages - this wrong-headed assertion that aspects of a fantasy world can be mapped onto the real world (or vice versa) as if one is more-or-less the past/future of the other.

Regardless, I couldn't care less about skimpy armours and lore-friendliness. People are entitled to mod the game how they wish and have fun doing it.

Edited by gnarly1

Reminds me of depictions of other half nude or full nude men/women around the world in ancient times. Of course in certain cultures in Africa, the Amazon, and Pacific islands, we still have half nude females in modern times.

Pardon my ignorance, but is that a drawing of a female warrior or a female hunter?

Edit to add; Ah, I see. The artist says it's "as a sort-of mythic warrior princess". He explains it all in this link below.

https://www.deviantart.com/laemeur/art/The-True-Picture-of-a-Woman-Pict-342140189

Very nice. I like the original engraving as well. As shown in this link.

https://dc.lib.unc.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/debry/id/45

Edited by PurifierA

My real problem w/skimpy armor mods, is that the armor ratings are too high, there should be a trade-off for exposed flesh. Using the Pict pic above, many skimpy mods would have the weapon belt providing the armor rating of full ebony armor. Boob plate would also prohibit many weapons from being employed at all, due to movement restrictions.

Look, can we just stop arguing over whether or not chainmail bikinis are "realistic" or "lore friendly" or whatever, and just admit that all we want is to look at tits and bums while we play Skyrim? All these excuses of skimpy armor being "a distraction technique" or "improving flexibility" or whatever is just a bunch of excuses as flimsy as their loincloths.

We're all a bunch of horny bastards hungry for eye candy, and denying that is frankly more embarrassing than any amount of shame you'd get from other people's disapproval.

• 1 month later...