Need help with Vortex

John452
Go to solution Solved by Guest deleted34304850,

Ok the only problem I ran in so far is Weapons and Armor Fixes and Clothing and clutter fixes refuses to work together

-Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch

-Skyrim -Community- Uncapper

-SkyUI

-ShowRaceMenu PreCacheKiller

-SafetyLoad

-Run For Your Lives
-RaceMenu
-Leave me alone Brynjolf
-INI Settings for SKSE
-Immersive Weapons
-Encounter Zones Unlocked
-Weapons and Armor Fixes
-Clothing and clutter fixes

Following 1ae0bfb8's advice, you've found this conflict and so are well on your way to solving your problem.

"Refuses to work together." What exactly does this mean? Does the game run but you receive messages about file conflicts between the two mods? If so, what are the messages? Or do they simply crash the game when both are enabled? Or what? Please provide a detailed description of what happens when they refuse to work together.

Ok the only problem I ran in so far is Weapons and Armor Fixes and Clothing and clutter fixes refuses to work together

-Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch

-Skyrim -Community- Uncapper

-SkyUI

-ShowRaceMenu PreCacheKiller

-SafetyLoad

-Run For Your Lives
-RaceMenu
-Leave me alone Brynjolf
-INI Settings for SKSE
-Immersive Weapons
-Encounter Zones Unlocked
-Weapons and Armor Fixes
-Clothing and clutter fixes

Following 1ae0bfb8's advice, you've found this conflict and so are well on your way to solving your problem.

"Refuses to work together." What exactly does this mean? Does the game run but you receive messages about file conflicts between the two mods? If so, what are the messages? Or do they simply crash the game when both are enabled? Or what? Please provide a detailed description of what happens when they refuse to work together.

I get this message again "You have unresolved file conflicts . In some cases this can lead to incompatible files being used which can cause all kinds of problems inside the game. Please address all file conflicts before running the game." and when I click show it says something about 7 conflicting files.

Edited by John452

Guest deleted34304850

i dont know either of those mods. are they compatible with the version of skyrim you're running?

thats not a vortex issue, thats a mod issue.

you'll have to figure that one out. ask on the mod pages?

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

i dont know either of those mods. are they compatible with the version of skyrim you're running?

thats not a vortex issue, thats a mod issue.

you'll have to figure that one out. ask on the mod pages?

They worked together when I used them on NNM but they are not working with Vortex.

Guest deleted34304850

no, they didn't work together at all. NMM simply let you install them and they would overwrite each other. that was one of the "joys" of NMM - it would let you wreck your game quite happily. you didn't see the mod conflict because it simply didn't bother to tell you about it. the assumption it made was you know what you're doing so why should it tell you about it?

its easy to fix - just decide which one of the mods loads AFTER the other - Vortex will give you dialogs to do this - click the lightning icon - and it will ask you which loads before and then you're done.

• Solution
Guest deleted34304850

by the way, this kind of issue is discussed in literally hundreds of posts in these forums. i'd recommend you search them and read them, so you're better informed. its pretty easy to deal with mod load order and load preferences in vortex. its next level when compared to nmm.

once you've done this once - you'll get it - and you'll wonder how you ever modded without it.

oh and the good thing -once you set the load before/after rule - you're done - you never need to remember this again - vortex will remember this setting for as long as you play that game. it's a pretty cool feature.

so off you go - search these forums, see how common your issue is and how easy it is to set correctly.

oh another thing - lets say you decide armour loads before weapons - but when you start the game something's not right.

quit the game, go to vortex, then reverse the order - no reinstalls required - vortex will load before/after with your new rule - redeploy - start the game - bingo.

it is literally that simple.